Directrunner DR1L Motorized Bike Kit

Interesting kit, like to see more details of how it mounts, the roller, how it connects to the honda crankshaft. Seems it's spring loaded to put pressure on the tire. Very interesting.............................

That is awesome, you can change the gearing ratio. It looks like it's made to last. Seems it would work best on 700c rims being it's recommended to be used on 28/30mm wide tires. Only downside is you need a motor with the 52mm clutch and that limits you to the 25cc motors. Maybe with the ability to change the drive ratio it will work with adequate torque for hills. Let us know how it goes. If you could hook up a 76mm clutch I'd try that in a heart beat. Thanks for the links/headsup.

Remember you can buy a quality DAX kit and it comes with 1-1/2in roller. Only downside is the price at $172 including shipping. Great warranty service if needed.

Last edited:
After watching the video I got to have one.
It appears to be well made.
If it works good DAX and Staton are behind the 8 ball.

I've never taken a Vbrake arm off, I wonder if all/most frames have the same bolt size to make those step up bolts work. Also it seems you have to do away with the rear brake, I don't care for that. Also the setup on the handle bars is going to interfere with the gear selectors on the bars if you have front/rear multisprockets. It's going to push the brake lever to the inside of the handle bars away from the grip if I see it correctly. That is an issue. As you should know using just a front brake can be dicey going around corners, on any loose gravel surface, grass etc. Hmmm it's still neat as hell though.

Last edited:
Back