Dirt bike muffler VS trick buster

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Luybaton, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Want to know what u guys think is the best muffler for top end speed post links to show me what u think if possible guys thanks

2. What type of motor is it, Does it have any port work done to it, What size engine is it? More details please.

Luybaton likes this.
  3. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Yes plenty port work. also reed valve with a HP carb famous carb 28T sprocket I want top end hit about 63 in max speed is slowing down a lot lately around 56-57mph. Here's some pictures aswell

Attached Files:

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

if a 28 tooth only gets you to 57, your port timing isn't very far off stock. you're hitting around 8400 rpm with your setup. I'd be doing close to 70 miles an hour with gearing that tall.

the pipe that's already on your bike is about as good as you're going to get. you may be able to shorten the header a bit to raise the power band, but you're asking for an 1100 RPM increase under load, and that's just not going to happen without additional porting and likely a larger carburetor. think VM18 or better

throw away that tensioner too, and size your chain properly. use a half link if you have to. that sh*t is sapping power. I have trouble believing any claims over 40 that use a stock chain tensioner.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Luybaton likes this.
  5. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

So ur saying to stick with the kx 80 pipe for top end rather and take the silencer or shorten it from the skinny end? Fastest I hit is 65. Because my bike is a bit heavy maybe if I lighten up it will get that 70

6. butre

butre Well-Known Member

shorten the side that connects to the engine. cut a chunk out and weld it back together.

Luybaton likes this.
  7. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Will it rap around properly on the side ofy bike?

8. butre

butre Well-Known Member

maybe, you'll have to measure yourself. I don't have a kx80 pipe on hand to measure with.

Luybaton likes this.
  9. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

So leave the long end ok I'm going to try it man thanks btw

10. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

This?

Attached Files:

11. butre

butre Well-Known Member

that's the carb, yeah, but that listing is for just a jet kit.

doesn't have to be that one, just something about that size.

12. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

So mikunies can go on my reed valve without needing a big reed set up?

13. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Its a kx 85 I just found out

14. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Going to have this welded and fixed instead of the other one I guess for top end I presume and may get this one looks cool what do u guys think about twin exhaust

Attached Files:

15. Luybaton

Luybaton Member

Double pipe or single kx 85??

Attached Files: