Disguising an engine

If motorization was legal here, I would not hide anything. You guys who live in less gestapo- oriented states are blessed.

What are you talking about Professor??? A Cop would never have time to bother us in an area where a girl was GHB'd, brutally raped and then murdered. They are all out looking for the real criminals, not Joe the plumber who put a motor on a bike.

Certainly our taxpayer funded "Jack booted thugs" have better things to do with their time! Unless they are corrupt or something?

Honestly I have some great ideas for us guy's with HT kits comming up... Hat off to you Professor for doing a good job at stealthing your original build out!

Marty, it's a lot different in the city than where I go.
You know, the anti theft aspect of riding a rat-bike with a little disguise is kind of pleasing idea to me.

This is a pic of a car that I did with the same idea of disguise in mind- it has a supercharged small block in it. Big time sleeper. Went totally un-noticed except by kids hitting each other.
mikespics002.jpg

i like mine hidden...

:cool::eek::cool:http://motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=977&pictureid=6452 i did mine for the cops.. cuz they are illegal in ny state.. but alittle tweaks and some back saddle bags and that thing will be awesome for me... check through the rest of the pics..and mine is ultra quiet like an electric bike...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 5rrrrr.jpg
    5rrrrr.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 7uuur.jpg
    7uuur.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 335
  • aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Stealth Engines...

By chance do any of you 'Stealth Gurus' happen to know any policemen? Just exactly how stupid do you think they must be? Don't y'all have any inkling that when they see a bike going down the street with nobody pedaling, smoke and the smell of rotten eggs trailing from behind some 'clap trap' bag or milk crate slapped on the back, that they just might get a little suspicious? I envision Wile E. Coyote on the seat, and 'Acme Hide-a-Motor' stenciled on the crate. I hope I'm not sounding demeaning here, I certainly don't mean to be, but just how many of you think that those same policemen didn't slap an illicit motor on their bikes when they were younger and tried to hide it from the police or their parents? Use good, common sense out there...you will get more respect.

Well Patrick, first, there were no motors to be had that were small enough to hide years ago- no HTs, no weedwackers. Just mower engines.
Secondly, there can't be a trail of smoke- a solid motor and the best oil can resolve that.
It is necessary to be pedaling.
What kind of common sense do you suggest?
Chuck the engine idea altogether?

Professor quoted, "To not be noticed is the first step in avoiding problems."

I agree. Law enforcers do not want to notice you are illegal. So show the law officers you are legal and then some: Wearing a motorcycle helmet, bright riding jacket, gloves, staying well under the speed limit, riding a quiet bike, do not run red lights and stop signs, slow down at intersections for cagers about to run red lights, and lots of other common sense actions.

I do the above; I intend very much to be visible. City patrols, state troopers, county sheriffs and I spot each other several times every ride I take. They just ignore me, never asking about my 66 cc non-compliant engine. And cagers move away from me as they pass.

This past Sunday, I witnessed a Harley $20,000 machine get damaged by a cager who failed to yield at a stop sign. Rider incurred a compound broken lower right leg. I was interviewed by three officers while standing next to my illegal bike. I was dressed as I described above. Of course, they were distracted by the accident, but none of them cared to even ask about my bike. I left quietly and went home.

MikeJ

Last edited:
Reaction has been mixed to my HT. The very first trial run, I had a BPD roll along side me in a huge parking lot and give the strangest of looks when I started pedaling and killed the motor. It was hysterical, he was so caught up in watching and listening to what was going on, he almost hit a light pole!

Another BPD stopped me and asked 1,000 Q's... His opening statement to me was my Name isn't ****! LOL, goes to show there's some cool ones who really do their jobs correctly. He told me, don't be a blow-hole and he couldn't for-see me having issues.

Thine,nice build, what's up with the PVC behind the seatpost? Is that a modified muffler?

Back