Dismantling a Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Sean.au, May 8, 2010.

1. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

My Hua Sheng F142 stopped durring a recent ride, it felt like it had ceased up, however it is well looked after and should not cease.
    I dismantled the engine yesterday and was asked to display photos here of dismantling process.
    Through the dismantling I was able to id problem, the problem is to do with component part 33 from the 142F Instruction Manual, the part is called a Shift Fork (pic 18 shows part in the manual).
    I live on a farm and do regular mechanical work on a variety of machines, the component part 33 is to do with the bolts that clamp the Link Lever (Piston Arm) to the Crankshaft, which is called the Crank Case in the manual. Usual practise in clamping a Piston Arm to a Crankshaft is to use a lock washer that you bend up against clamp bolts to prevent them turning and comming out, I found no lock method used in this F142.
    I can not see the use for part 33, it does not appear to interact with any other components of the engine and I have never seen it in other types of engines. If you recognise its use please let me know.
    I will test engine today without part 33 and use a couple of spring washers on clamp.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      93.3 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      99.2 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      102.2 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      96.5 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
    • 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      File size:
      89.5 KB
      Views:
    • 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      75.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      83.4 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      90 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      65.9 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      61.2 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:

2. ocscully

ocscully Member

Oil Slinger

The part in question is used to sling oil about the crankcase. A stir stick bolted to the bottom of the connecting rod, it slings the oil, helping get the lubrication where its needed.

ocscully

3. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Oil Slinger

Thanks ocscully,
    I did think that, as it's the only thing it would be doing, but its name caused a different direction of thought. I'll run it without Oil Sling, then check to see if oil is getting where its needed, then maybe go about making one that will lock bolts in place.

Thanks again

4. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

i would never run an splash lubrification engine with out the Oil Slinger on, thats where all its lubrification comes from and if you run it for lng you will more likely find a scored bore and piston when you take it apart again or at least more wear on them:eek:
    G-Superior:D

5. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks G-Superior,
    Ran without Oil Slinger and extra oil yesterday, engine ran 1 min and then clamp bolts came loose.
    Today I fashioned a Oil Sling with bolt lock, attached pic. I'll give this new part, a go tomorrow.
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Pic 03.jpg shows a plastic cog (cam wheel) with wear from rubbing against two steel components. This engine has done 2000 kms over a 6 mth period.

Question, does the honda version use a plastic cog?
    I would like two use a steel or steel sleeved version of this cog.

7. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

If you talking about the cam gears is got wear, well this is normal but is probably wering much quicker due to the cheap quality plastic(i dont remember which type of plastic it is but there is a proper one that has really hard wearing surface)
    OH i nearly forgot to say that most lawn mowers and small engines(4 stroke) today have plastic gears on the cam and some of the (most briggs and strattons) have the hole cam made out of it!:eek:
    But thats also good because it reduces the gear noise by a massive amount and also the costing(in a metal one they would have to machine it while on the plastic one is just remove it out of the mold and "off you go in the engine".:-/
    If it looks really bad just get a genuine honda one and you ready for unlimited miles!:D

8. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

it is metal from what i remember, i found this out the hard way, my good (idiot) friend decided he was going to take apart my engine one day while i wasnt in the garage...

anyhow took off the casing and ahhhhh !!!!! out poped various parts, cogs, push rods etc, waiting to get my hands on some hondabond too put it back together...

moral of the story keep your friends away from your engines !!!!!!!!!

9. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks G-Superior
    Will source a genuine Honda part and look foward to unlimited miles, am thinking of getting a Honda CRF 50 engine to work on a bicycle.
    Thanks again

10. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks Vegaspaddy,
    Will source Honda part.
    Thanks again

11. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

vegaspaddy thats what happens to me when i live me mate in the garage and go out to get something :goofy:
    last time i could only hear BROMMM BROMMM from miles away
    can anyone guess what it was?
    Yes it was my big old Kohler tractor engine that i had sitting on the workbench with out oil(it was having an oil change and the exhaust was not on thats why it was so loud!)
    As soon as hear it i pedaled the cr@p out off myself and went as fast as posible to stop it. lucky i was that it didint ran for long and is got the good old style cast iron bore so there was no visible damage at all:D

12. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Well 2nd rebuild run went further than other runs, about 5km, then same sound as before. Feels like she has lost a little power on hills.
    A bit over rebuilding, but getting faster at it.

13. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

now i cant sleep tonight, that cog i will check tomorrow to see what it is made off. That cog is called the CAM in the manual, so i will pop the screws off tomorrow and check for you.

At least i can sleep now...

14. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks Vegaspaddy, bought some threadlock today and will do a rebuild tomorrow.

15. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

glad i checked,

its mostly plastic...whew glad i checked...the arrow on top is to realign the cam when rebuilding the engine. and you can see the cam shape on the reverse.

photos attached..

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

16. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

looks like it is made out of the same material as the briggs engines
    my dads mate has a machine shop and he has tonnes of that material, will ask him next time that i go there:D

17. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks Vegaspaddy and G-Superior,
    The Honda cam looks much better than the Huasheng, the plasic looks like it would slide more and that would reduce frictional wear.
    Opened engine up last night, same problem a little more damage, but not bad, have attached pics. Need to use a thicker piece of steel, observe the piece that bent up higher is the one that busted, also wondering if I might try bending new lock piece up from sides as opposed to ends.

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  18. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

19. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Thanks Vegaspaddy, good to know.
    Got some Red Threadlock to use, which is the strongest I could find.

20. Sean.au

Sean.au New Member

Made a new Oil Dipper last night, the Rod Cap is on last leg, have attached pics.
    Over cheap **** from China

Attached Files:

• 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      116.9 KB
      Views:
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views: