Dissapointed in Golden Eagle

f3if3i

Local time
1:28 AM
Ok I received a Golden eagle kit today and starting working at it. Removed my friction drive and rear wheel... then started assembling the gebe system when notice they forgot to include the belt :mad::mad: I had a bad day before this and now I'm just too **** off to put my friction drive back on again. now have to wait for their email reply and see how long that belt will take to get here... another 8 days of waits right?

The instruction book also wasn't well written and could be better!

Just have to let this out as I'm pretty angry :mad::mad: and dissapointed right now! cmon I spent $360 for it!!!

Ok now im just gonna go to bed and forget all this... I feel so immature right now but good

f3if3i, Haven't heard from you in a while. I've been reading your post however. I'm surprised you don't like your BMP friction set up. I know several folks, including myself fore warned you about them not working well at all when the rear tire gets wet. I've had no dealings with GEBE, but I do know from this forum they have a high reptutation. Stuff happens ! Always seems to happen to me all the time. Chill out and give them time. Later !

I have a Golden Eagle kit plus two others in the past.

They are good kits and yet nothing is perfect. I had my troubles also such as centering the drive rim in the wheel and broken spokes.

I bought one of their first kits and could not get the drive rim centered no matter what I did, I think Dennis (owner) got tired of my complaining but he still was a good guy about it. Some wheels, I found it will just not center, on others is near perfect. His new rim is much better.

Broken spokes: Yep, they do break unless you have a good quality wheel with the large spokes. If you check them often and make sure they are tight you maybe O.K.

I also have a BMP friction drive and it is very good except on wet streets. That is where the Golden Eagle is the winner.

The Golden Eagle is a well made and good performing kit. Blow off steam about the belt but stick with it and you will have many reliable miles.

Good Luck

Will Snow

f3if3i, Haven't heard from you in a while. I've been reading your post however. I'm surprised you don't like your BMP friction set up. I know several folks, including myself fore warned you about them not working well at all when the rear tire gets wet. I've had no dealings with GEBE, but I do know from this forum they have a high reptutation. Stuff happens ! Always seems to happen to me all the time. Chill out and give them time. Later !

I love the friction drive, I know it doesn't work well when wet but at time of purchase I figure I won't ride in rain but even riding in a wet street it slip! I just gotta have a system that can take any condition, i love riding my bike.

About the broken spoke, I didn't also ordered their 14 gauge rear wheel, it's very tough looking!! I might just order a front one, hate the $25 shipping charge.

But anyway, I'm over it now, I can wait, I been riding without pedaling anyway, my leg could use some exercise until it get here :devilish:

Hang in there...

I have run any and all sorts of motorized bicycles, and by far, Golden Eagle is the absolute standout in customer service, quality, and a huge grin when you get that bike on the road!

Well worth the wait of getting the belt shipped to you... do not lose hope!

Back