Exhaust DIY exhaust silencer thread?

daninthesand

Local time
7:59 AM
Hi everyone. A while ago I came across a thread talking about quieting exhausts where one poster gave a link that led to a website about ultralight planes and how they silence their engines using a DIY muffler made with stainless steel packing. I can't seem to locate that post. Any ideas? Of course i've searched this site but to no avail.....

thanks.

Just Google "pot scrubber muffler". The idea is everywhere.
Basically they are stuffing copper or stainless pot scrubbers in a chamber to deaden the sound.

Hi.

Thanks Bryan. Yes i have found many references to them on the 'net. However, there was something unique about that link posted here that I recall thinking was ingenious, but darned if i can recall what it was exactly.

Daniel

I believe they used aluminum screen material rolled up.
I used something similar in my happytime add on silencer for a long time with success.

i made a intake silencer and forced air intake.i took a rubber boot from a front shock and hooked it to the end of carb and tape that to a 6" long aluminum pipe and turn it forward for forced air and its a lot quieter and goes faster to. pipe is plastic tied to clutch cable on side of engine pointed forward.

Back