diy shift kit

skyash

Local time
9:15 PM
Well I have seen lots of shift kits on the net and thay are way to expensive and the postage on top so I am making one think it's going to work?

Attachments

• DSC_0135.JPG
    DSC_0135.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 269
This is the same 12mm shaft and bearing now in a holder I can move the sprockets in or out to line up with the chain I put 2 m6 set screw in each now I need to make a mount on the shaft holder to the bike i think I might use the parts I got in the pic but I might drill in the holder a bit and put 2 long studs in the middle like a 66 cc back mount. Then I still have to stick 2 sprockets together with some gap and put back spin in the middle on the crank most likely a 20 Inc back wheel spin back sprocket and cut the teeth off drill out my stock sprocket aNd weld it in the centre then some how stick it back on the bike.

Attachments

• DSC_0136.JPG
    DSC_0136.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 253
Will be interested in seeing if you can get it to work. Yeah, the shift kits are so expensive relative to the motor kits for what is in there. It really seems like the shift kits are part of some corporate pricing strategy that goes if consumer A wants a big upgrade beyond the normal kit then consumer A must be a high potential consumer ($$$) so we can charge more than the general consumer...

Going to plan down the sprockets so the chain fits to day but mounting this holder is a pain the clamps in the pic one hit the motor sprocket 4 stroke that is but fit the 66 cc fine

Funny thing is iam doing this at work and at $25 an hour plus every thing else the hole home made kit costs about $250 but mine is free thanks to my work and so far I got 1 to 1 and a half hours in it

I have tested it as you see it and its perfect but I have to make a spin back pedal sprocket now from scratch

Back