DJ's Chopper Build

As some of you might know, im pretty much a bike freak. I have been working on bikes at a bike shop since 2001 (volunteered at the age of 15). I can do anything with a bike....so this is a good test of my "skill" .

Well, i have the itch to build another mini chopper bike. I built one 2 years ago, and have missed it ever since i sold it.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/DSCN1007-1.jpg

Here is a photochop of a regular beach cruser frame.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/DJsChopperchop.jpg
Let me know what you think and im open to suggestions. Im not so sure about the bars... but it does kindof remind me of an old 60's chopper movie. (NAME THAT MOVIE!)

Now: on with the build....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here we go!

I ordered the Shimano Nexus 3 speed internal wheel set, Handlebars, tires, brake lever, etc...

Here is the starting point!
attachment.php

being stripped
attachment.php

attachment.php

being chopped
attachment.php

cleaned up and fitted
attachment.php

now caught up to today:
here it is with the triple tree fabbed up:
IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

This is the part of the build where i am tempted to say "screw it" and throw some bars, seat and crank to go ride it around.... but i must resist.

The paint job will be Olive Drab Green with black wheels, bars, seat, etc.

I will be fabbing up a suicide shifter for the nexus 3 speed rear hub within the next day or so.

Nice looking build and welds.Sure wish I could weld.Is the gun going to be side mounted!HeHe MotoMagz

heh, the AR15 will not make it into this build unless someone attempts to steal the bike :D

I ordered my dual start 80/66cc motor today as well as the jackshaft kit. The Pablo said they are out of 17tooth gears right now, so it will be backordered until thursday. Not a big deal though. The customer service that I received from Jim at Sickbikeparts.com was absolutely outstanding and exemplary. I recommend everyone to go check out their site if you havent yet......DO IT! DO IT NOW! :D

So next on the list is to get the handle bars and seat in place, raked back over the rear wheel.

Let me know what you think and im open to suggestions. Im not so sure about the bars
Turn engine around ?

awesome looking bike mate.. i wish i could uild somehing like that.. i design components for race cars all day but drawing them on paper (or computer) is so much easier than actually fabbing them.. keep up the good work..

Back