Do *not* buy from boygofast

MoonHog

Local time
5:09 PM
I just received a 50 cc engine kit from boygofast.

The carburetor they sent is some piece of sh*t, with some little tin air filter that rattles (like I need more rattling on the bike), instead of the black plastic air box they showed online. The casting for the engine was horrible, and some of the air vents were bent. The sprocket they sent wasn't the one pictured either. It was completely flat, black, and all scratched up on top of, and under the paint. The hardware was all thrown into a bag and incomplete, missing nuts for the sprocket.

I've bought 5 kits now from various vendors and have been happy with all of them. This is the first, and last I will buy from boygofast.

I sent them an e-mail:

"Hello, I received the engine kit in the mail a day or two ago, and finally got around to opening it. I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have bought several of these kits now, and this one is terrible. The rear sprocket you sent is not the standard sprocket I have received with *every* other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is completely flat, and scratched up (under the paint). This will cause the chain to be out further than it should be and misaligned. The carburetor you sent is *not* the one I have received with every other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is a piece of junk, with a cheap tin filter attached to it, instead of the black plastic cover. All of the small parts were thrown into a bag, and I'm missing the lock nuts for the rear sprocket that comes with *every* other kit. The casting on the engine is horrible, and some of the heat vents are bent. I'm not sure if you took all of the junk parts out of all of your other kits and sent it to me, but I sincerely hope this was an unusual occurance, and that you will make this right. I'm assuming that you get these, and just ship them out without looking in the box. I'm an active member on motoredbikes.com, and I really don't want to give a bad review if this was an accident.

Please let me know how I need to proceed.

Thanks.

This was their response:

"thank u email us.
some parts may not pefect. if u think u don't like the flat sprocket. please return to get the replacment.

reply if u has any question. thanks

by the way, we are not care people talk to us in (motored)bikes.com

we can not satisfy every one

thanks"

WTF!!!

Needless to say, I filed a dispute with Paypal, and they *will* be giving me my money back, and be getting this kit shipped back to them, where they can gently hammer it where the sun don't shine, and since they don't care about bad reviews...here is one. I'll post pictures soon so everyone can see their handiwork.

Last edited:
..... A vendor that puts significant effort into making sure their customers are satisfied, does more work and incurs more cost than those that don't. This situation will result in a higher cost of the end product but it is earned cost not just a frivolous increase in price....

I do agree. If you look at what Blue Collar Bikes charges for an engine vs. what PKS or BGF charge, you figure your "spare parts" losses are built right into the price.

My posts here are not to defend the quality of the BGF products, but rather to say that he was treated with rudeness and disrespect from the start, so the outcome should have been no surprise. (But he did offer to send him a dished sprocket) I totally agree that BGF should contact the manufacturer and let them know of the complaints in packing, and the flat sprocket, etc. This is the way that the product will improve. I just wanted to point out that you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

why are so many lost here regarding COMMON KNOWN BUSINESS PRACTICES

every company runs into matters such as this eventually
even if we are PERFECT -- some customer will not be

what we do in these SIMPLE CASES is
our best to deal with the matter -- satisfy the customer and move on...

while in business I have seen customers jump of the wall for NO REASON
I nor my partner jumped back on them
all was taken with a grain of salt...

NOTE -- it is NOT like an alley fight when in business
we try our best to never go there

bottom line is --
if dumm dumm GFB doesn't know how to send out a better e-mail
they should keep their POO POO MOUTHS SHUT
face it -- it APPEARS -- that GFB stinks as POO

I know -- I know -- here comes the FBI -- I just hate that !!!!

ride that thing

MoonHog, i feel for you. the customer is always right, no matter what. and hey ARCEEGUY, are you in some way affilliated with boygocheap, you sure are deffending them. i bought 2 items from boygocheap and they were carp. 56 tooth sprocket was bent when i recieved it, and the "80cc" head gasket wasnt even close, 6mm bolt holes and the cylinder hole was for a way smaller piston. these are carp on the shelf now that i cant use.

Here comes 29.

I didn't treat him with *rudeness and disrespect*. I told him the kit had *junk* in it. It did. I didn't make a single comment about *him* personally. He doesn't make the kits himself at home on his sewing machine...I know this. I didn't however know, if he knew, that the parts in some of his kits were substandard, missing, showing up bent, and asked for him to make it right, while also informing him that I was a member of motoredbikes.com, and will be posting a review. The only way *so* many sub-standard parts could show up in a single package is if I was the lucky lottery winner on his box of junk other people returned, or it was just bad luck. I mean the guy has to do something with all those flat sprockets people keep returning to him...and I have no doubt this one was used, and repainted (poorly).

Either way, his response, like his parts, was substandard *junk*. For the record, you don't attract flies with honey, you attract them with stinking rotten meat, trash, dead animal carcasses, and poo-poo. You'll *catch* more with honey though.

Last edited:
MoonHog, i feel for you. the customer is always right, no matter what. and hey ARCEEGUY, are you in some way affilliated with boygocheap, you sure are deffending them......

Please go back and read what I posted. I am not affiliated with BGF or PKS. Think about it, would you go out of your way to help someone if they were rude and disrespectful to you? Someone who has the attitude that they "are always right", and you are wrong, no matter what?

MoonHog, I'm truly sorry for your problems and I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. Having said that, the bottom line is "ya buys cheap, ya gets cheap. Whining about your bad decision here and how wronged you were ain't gonna change that. Hope you learned something about decision making.

Salvation!!!! Magic number 30 right here!!! For anyone curious as to the magic number 30, once you have 30 posts, you can post reviews in the vendor reviews section.

My closing thoughts:

A person is not the customer because they are always right, but they are *always* right because they are the customer.

Thanks ARCEEGUY, for giving me something to laugh at for the last week, and dwell less on getting screwed by BFG. Also thanks for helping me get to magic number 30. <crosses fingers> Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone else Mountainman, Hill Climber, kerf, bluegoatwoods, s_beaudry, Pablo, Flapdoodle, Skyliner70cc, levsmith, Happy_valley, BSA, fetor56, Don Haney, for your support and valid feedback, whether you agreed with me or not.

To kerf, who apparently posted as I was posting. You are right. It doesn't change anything. The point of this thread was to keep others from taking a gamble with BFG like I did. As far as calling it a *bad decision*, that's like saying it was a *bad decision* to get an Orange Moondog off of e-bay (as pictured), only to have a blue one arrive at your house, with missing parts, and a rubber chain. It's a bad decision to repeat business with that person for sure.

No one should ever be put in a position where they should just bend over and let people like Rick Shi - RIDE THAT THING!

(Sorry mountainman..I had to borrow your quote for my Jerry Springer closing thought.)

Last edited:
.....Thanks ARCEEGUY, for giving me something to laugh at for the last week, and dwell less on getting screwed by BFG. Also thanks for helping me get to magic number 30. <crosses fingers> Wish me luck!.......

If it makes you feel better to think that I somehow granted you the power to post your review, then I am happy to help you on your vendetta. ;) ;) It's also comforting to know that I have so much power!

Be sure to keep us updated on all the vendors that "screw" you! (I bet you think that they are all out to get you, huh?...... maybe they are!........PKS is next.....)

Will do. Thanks again ARCEEGUY.

I unfortunately have to wait another 15 days to post to the vendor forum because the fine print is 30 posts, and 30 days. I don't suppose you have *the power* to lift that member limit, do you? Thought not.

I'm sure you've heard this before but - "You only got me half way there".

Back