Do Not Open That Thread Titled "dont Open This Thread"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eastwoodo4, Oct 7, 2009.

1. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

I Got Some Kind Of Virus From The Link In It!!!!!fucing Dic Head!!!!!

2. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Yeah that was f u c king hilarious, just like he thought 9/11 was.

4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

He has been banned, a first for the CC. It's one thing to say sh!t, but it's another to use the CC to screw with other people's computers. What a sh!t-for-brains! Then he re-joined to post a "public apology", which was not much more than shrugging his shoulders and saying "my bad". His lack of remorse got him banned for life.

5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Fawking French-Canadians.........

I keed, I keed - I love my Canadian neighbors! Well, the ones that don't post links jacking your computer....

Spanky uses Linux, so him and his smart phone were OK. :lol:

6. sparky

sparky Active Member

Did that thread really have a virus? That's pretty foxed up.

7. sparky

sparky Active Member

Oohhh... So it was one of those pages with all the popups, images, javascript, and Flash content?!? They're essentially just a DoS on your processor.

I'm surprised you guys haven't seen a webpage like that before. You can protect yourself by using Firefox extensions like FlashBlock and NoScript. I used to use NoScript, but javascript is just too common nowadays to block. Flashblock and Adblock Plus are easily the first two extensions I add to any clean Firefox install. Flashblock just disables all flash until you click on the applet. That's the way it should be!! It's unreal how many web developers there are that use Flash content where a simple picture would have done the job plenty well. The only time I ever wish I enabled NoScript is after seeing a page like the one in question.