Do you KNOW how to peel a banana?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zev0, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Zev0

Zev0 Member

I hate it when i get one of those bananas that just WONT open without either mashing the top inch into banana-mush or forcing me to get a knife or scissors to slit the top so it can then be opened..

Well, this astounded me. This is the way monkeys do it and it works great every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng&feature=player_embedded

2. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Very cool. I did not know either.

Jim

3. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

4. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hey, that really works. I just rode my bike over 2 miles on glare ice to buy a bunch of bananas. Got any tips on walnuts?

5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

A hammer will work well for that.:smash:

Jim

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Slip-jaw pliers are best for walnuts, in my experience. Set the closure gap at a little less than the width of the shell, crack them without crushing the meats to fragments.

7. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Heh heh, now there's a man who knows how to crack nuts. Learn something every day. The adjustability is the key. Have to build a machine to automate that. I'll be rich. :jester:

8. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Just goes to show you can learn something from even a monkey if you watch long enough...

Like the harmonica in the background Stan

Walnuts, hold two in your hand and squash them... Takes a little practice to get the right angle but I do it all the time. The nice thing is that you don't smash the nut because gradual force is used.