Do you think Scott Brown can win in Mass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arceeguy, Jan 19, 2010.

1. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

What should have been a "no brainer" in the special election for the senate seat held by Ted Kennedy (and I do mean no brains), Republcan candidate Scott Brown is pretty much tied with Democrat candidate Martha Coakley. It is so close that MMMBHO was stumping for Coakley over the weekend. (using his usual "fat cat" divisive rhetoric) Given what happened to Creigh Deeds and Jon Corzine this past fall, (big Democrat losses) do you think Brown can win?

If he does, he has vowed to vote no for OhBahMahCare - breaking the Dems 60 vote super majority and essentially killing the bill.

Here's hoping that the Mass Holes do the right thing today.

What do you think?

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I love it that mmm mm mm is campaigning for her... I hope they both get their a$$es handed to them. I would love to see the little guy in the truck wipe that smug look off the ivy league.... at home.

3. kerf

kerf Guest

I guess we'll know tonight or tomorrow. Win or lose, the race has been much closer than anyone could have guessed. If he wins, the best long term strategy for the Dem's, is to kill the HC bill and go back to the drawing board and with Republican support create a new bill that the public would accept. This would allow the Democrats to rebuild public support before November.
    That ain't gonna happen.

The Democrat Progressive plan, for today, began to take shape 50 years ago. Saul Alinski wrote the plan in his book Rules for Radicals. The core of the plan called for the creation of a monster, a monster to push the Progressive agenda over the top. The monster came to life in the ninety's but didn't reach full maturity until after the 2004 election. It's name is The Far Radical Left, and now it will eat it's own if it doesn't get what it wants. Harry, Nancy and The MarxoFacist Obama are caught between their monster and overwhelming public distrust of them and their bill. They have no choice but to try every Fascist trick to push this skunk through before Brown can be seated.

If they fail, their monster will attack them and tear them to shreds. If they succeed or fail, in November they go right over the cliff. Such is life in Washington, the most evil place on earth.

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

If Coakley wins, and it is a close race, it still sends a strong message to the dems that they are rapidly losing support for their Marxist agenda. However, like you said, even if Brown wins, they'll most likely continue to drive the bus off of the cliff with a RINO vote or two. (thus, making it "bi-partisan")

If he wins tonight I will be feeling a lot more optimistic about the future of this country. It means that the failure of Deeds and Corzine to get re-elected wasn't an anomaly, and that there really is a strong grass roots movement that will be unstoppable later this year and in 2012.

For me, I will do just fine in Obama's America. With my wife out of work for over a year now, I have had to work extra hard to ensure the well being of my family. But there are too many people saying "Give us something here". Where I come from, we make money the old fashioned way - we earn it. Wow - what a concept.......

5. kerf

kerf Guest

Coakley buys Nancy & Harry (Thelma & Louise) time to put both bills through committee and they may find a skunk / pig hybrid that they can pass. If Brown wins, they'll have to try to jam the Senate bill through the House. Given the state of the party, in a post Brown victory, I don't think Nancy can bully enough blue dogs to get it through. If HC dies, the Obama Presidency dies with it. I don't think, given the "monster", he can pull off a Clinton style triangulation and save himself.

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Oh geez - you're right. Forgot about reconciliation. We're screwed either way.

7. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Apparently, Coakley just conceded.

MMM MMM MMMM!

8. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Fellas may I say as a passionate observer, that maby the country I love is saved.

To think that Teds seat is snatched from the barbarian hordes is a wake up call to the Dems that they are holding on to a one term president and hope Kerf is wrong and they start doing the right thing.

Steve.

9. give me vtec

here here!!! I can drink to that!!! :helmet:

10. kerf

kerf Guest

Gentlemen,

Hang on to your shorts because I'm afraid that tomorrow things are about to get really bad. Yesterday they were simply arrogant, tomorrow the panic sets in and they will become dangerous.

11. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Kerf, the fear your right has me reaching for the duck tape. We may well have to have them taped on to be safe.

Steve.

12. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

never thought to see that state come around like that

it's a fine American THING

13. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I think I'll stop calling them "Mass Holes" for at least a week or so.

I am still stunned that the state that continually re-elected a murdering drunk philanderer since 1962 had a change of heart and voted a conservative in place of the liberal liar...... era erah lion......

14. give me vtec

I know this is completely paranoid but im still half expecting him to be a mole.... like he was planted there by reid to be the secret 60th vote.

15. kerf

kerf Guest

I'm not surprised about the election but I've been in the streets with the people and the people are not happy. This began about a month ago with people from all over the country sending money to the Brown campaign and even manning phone banks long distance. You are seeing a National Conservative Movement, a movement without leadership but we know who we are, where we live and what we want. It's called grass roots and the Republican Party had better take notice, we're com'n for them too.

If you listened to Scott Brown's acceptance speech, he gave no thanks to the Republican Party but instead thanked the INDEPENDENT VOTERS. Independents in America, now out number Democrats and Republicans.

Go Tea Party

16. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Maybe we are seeing the voters of America start to show thier displeasure with the way things are being done. I kind of wonder if Ted was still alive, would they have tossed him out the next election.

The American people don't like to be messed with and they have spoken.

Steve.

17. kerf

kerf Guest

By the way, what you are seeing is a Revolution. A Revolution using the weapons that our Founders enshrined in our Constitution. The next attack will be on Fox News, talk radio and the Internet. This evil Progressive creature won't die without a fight.

18. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

reminds me of someone being Born Again

reminds me of someone being Born Again

a change of heart such as that

one year ago I would have never thought

the spirit lands where the spirit lands

MM

19. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Crazy how MMMBHO blames Coakley's loss on BOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

INPHAWKINGCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Coakley's defeat was a direct result of liberal arrogance and an outright rejection of the current administrations policies. Any fool can see that.

20. give me vtec

where is spanky... lets see what he has to say