do you think this comment qualifies for a 14 point infraction????

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, Feb 21, 2010.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

From an anonymous admin.... (of coarse)

Dear give me vtec,

You have received an infraction at Motorized Bicycle Forum.

Reason: Disrespected another member
    FYI: graucho's "ad" is to a service he provides for inner city kids, teaching them bike repair, building & shop skills. It is not for profit, it all comes out of his pocket.
    Do your homework & stop with the attacks.

This infraction is worth 14 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

Originally Posted by graucho View Post

"I would sooooo much like to come back to this forum full time. This is a typical thread every single time I pop back in to see if things are friendly and supportive like the beginning days of my membership. It's become to much debate and drama for just a plain guy who simply loves to build bikes and share his findings. Please my friends.... lets try and get back to being students, and a teachers. A great place of knowledge for those who seek it."

"lol... this coming from a guy with an ad in his signature. You do realize augi and rc are talking about people like you right???"

All the best, Motorized Bicycle Forum

Does anybody think this quote qualifies as disrespecting another member... or an attack???

"lol... this coming from a guy with an ad in his signature. You do realize augi and rc are talking about people like you right???"

I got a 14 point infraction for that comment... then the admin closed the thread and deleted my comment.

Just wanted to get some third party opinion on what anybody else had to say.....
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

2. augidog

augidog Banned

well, it's clear you put words in my mouth. and you prolly just wanted to fan some flame when you did it. and you managed to dis a pretty cool cat in the process. sounds like infractions to me.

im(third-party)o of course.

Graucho, i posted a reply to your latest input in the now locked topic. so you know, vtec does not speak for me. so everyone knows, neither does arceeguy.
  3. give me vtec

that is the most paranoid thing I have heard anybody here say yet... I bet you dont get along well with most people do you augi????

and for the record... you most certainly do not qualify as a third party. You were involved first person in the event augi.... you cant be both.

Can I get an impartial third person that isn't involved to comment????
  4. give me vtec

you kinda sound like judge, jury, and executioner here augi.... are you sure YOU didn't assign me the infraction points???
  5. augidog

augidog Banned

no...i was not a party in this issue, you tried to make me one.

folks simply need to read every word of your infraction-message to see what happened here, specifically the "FYI" from staff about who Graucho is and what he does:
    you stepped in it & want to blame someone else is all.
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

graucho's ad is not commercial
    he helps kids learn to wrench and fix things themselves
    I don't think I have ever seen him say a bad word about anyone or any topic here
    I hope he comes back !!!
    his comment was the reason I finally calmed down and changed my avatar,,,I am trying to help ease the tensions here ;)

it wasn't a beneficial comment IMHO, so I would say, yes, the points were justified

I don't know if I am impartial or not,,,but, that is my opinion :cool2:
  7. give me vtec

ok... good enough for me.

for the record I didnt mean it as an insult.... but I already apologized to graucho yesterday anyways.

I didnt know what his program was about at the time... I just meant it as an ironic observation. I will try to be more careful with my words in the future.
  8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Words are tools, and like any tool, they may be used as weapons. While I do not doubt your statement, vtec, that you had no intent that your comment should be perceived as an attack, it is also very clearly the way in which it came across.

I admire and commend graucho for the efforts and the time and the personal funds he is committing to reaching out to young folks. It is a rare man who fits hiw deeds to his beliefs and his words to that degree.

In sum, it is my opinion that the infraction points are an appropriate response to your action.
  9. give me vtec

yeah... I commend him on his efforts too. I would love to run an operation like that. I have already started with my nephew... maybe some day I can take what I learn from interacting with him, and apply it to interacting with other peoples children.

When it comes down to it, its amazing what one person can do...
  10. Luka

Luka Member

For what it's worth... Reference: the post that moved you to start your thread...

I seriously think that if the case had been, that Simonator was not dead, and Pablo had made the same post that he did, in the same thread...

Pablo's post would have been taken for -exactly- what it was. A continuation of the discussion that Simonator started.

I liked what Graucho had to say in your thread. Kind of wished I'd been the first one to say it.

And I agree with him. There are too many chips on people's shoulders, here. Too much projection and assumption going on. Too much knee-jerk reactions, and too much trying to make everything into a two penny soap-opera.

I come here to relax. To make friends, and enjoy their company.

And to join in discussions about all things bike. Technical or otherwise.

If I ask for advice, I appreciate anything said. If I give advice, it's because I am trying to be helpful in return. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never knew Simonator. But from what I read, I think he was the same. If indeed, he was anything like most people here, I would think that he would have been better honored by continuing the conversation in the manner in which he started it... Than by getting bent out of shape over some perception of impropriety.

I know that's what I would have wanted, had it been me, instead of him.

Now pull up a cyber chair, grab a cyber drink, (I'm buying whatever yer having), and lets get back to discussing fun stuff.

11. augidog

augidog Banned

again, the wrong assumption is being made about what prompted this...see the topic again to note i didn't name names and other people did.

but allow to me kill two birds with one stone and put a positive twist on how about i talk about sellers from a different pov?

pablo always pays his way, he and i have political differences that are not personal in any way, at least for, for sake of this issue, i can comfortably say that pablo & ghost present a fine example of how MBc intially envisioned its' sponsor/forum relationships would be. SBP has maintained a paying banner from the moment they could afford it, and both guys sport very discrete pro-signatures that are respectful of the environment...their business thrives on the mature demeanor they project and there's no need for chest-thumping beyond some reasonable braggin' now & then.

imo, other companies would do well to emulate SBP when they
    interact at MBc, it looks to me like it pays pretty good ;)

how's that?

now, just let that other rant be simply what it was...a non-descript w-z rant based on an incident not worth pursuing...quit reading so much into anything you find in the white zone, it's just a combustion chamber without any spark plug, feel free to load or unload but no cussin' or dissin' while you do it. i followed the rules, it's not my fault if others didn't.
  12. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

14 points? ONLY 14 POINTS?

The moderators and administrators here are much too generous and tolerant. I read your writings and that of everyone else in that obnoxious thread. Everyone should have been slapped with point fines. And then have it doubled.

I am an outsider who wants this forum to remain civil; that is one reason that drew me to this forum in the first place. I want useful information and in turn I will post (hopefully) useful information.

Profanity detracts from what the writer is trying to get across. I grant a writer of profanity and accusations of any kind to have half the IQ that I assumed they had before I read their nonsense. This goes for consumers and dealers alike.

I can't stop the rants and counter-rants. It is not amusing nor constructive nor does it reflect well upon the writers. But I can ignore it, and take my comments and business to someone else.

13. give me vtec

are your for censorship??? should there be program that will just not let my post go through if it doesn't meet YOUR requirements???

Or should we just go ahead and ban everybody that doesn't adhere to your guidelines for a civil forum of communication???

How about agui telling people what to do for no reason... he tends to do that alot... is that within spec???
  14. augidog

augidog Banned

easy there mikej...this is the white zone, an off-topic area and clearly designated as such. my OP broke no rules, and the best way to disagree with a rant such as the one i posted would be to ignore it, right? right. i've never understood why peeps keep clicking on something they keep saying they don't wanna see. anyways...

i too prioritize the technical info above all else, and i trust that it is all there in the on-topic "garage" right where we left go make a mess on your workbench and break some stuff and then fix it and otherwise have some good ole gearhead fun :)
  15. give me vtec

your rant right here... is EXACTLY the same as what you just professed to hate. What you just felt that compelled you to write that post, is the same thing that compels people to post the "rants" you hate so much...

you know what they say about pointing fingers at people???
  16. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

May I suggest this thread be abandoned?

17. motoredmike

motoredmike Banned

I second that...
  18. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Years ago I heard the story about the old lady who called the police to complain about her next door neighbour who was getting undressed without pulling his blinds.

Cop gets there and says, Lady how can you see your neighbour the windows are 6 feet off the floor and your 5 feet tall?

The old lady says, stand on the bed, just stand on the bed.

Guess the moral of the story is if you don't want to see the neighbour, stay off the bed.

19. graucho

graucho Active Member

give me vtec did give me a PM with a sincere apology. Everything's cool on my side. His comments must have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. I hope to see him after his infractions cool down. Peace all.