does the robin subaru 35cc come w/ oil in it

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by give me vtec, Jul 5, 2009.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I just finished my GEBE townie and need to know if it comes with oil in it. I cant find anything in the instructions that says to put oil in it. The dipstick looks like it has oil on it but I cant see any in there when I look inside the hole. Can somebody help me out???

2. Oil in engines NOT!

Hi well IF they put oil in any little engine and it got turned upside down it would make a mess! They all (that I have seen ) come with empty crankcases.

Fill it correctly BEFORE starting!

Mike

3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

No, there may be a little residual oil in there from the testing/quality control, but you have to add about 3 oz. of oil, nearly fill it to the neck.

What I do is buy Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and I use a 12cc hypodermic syringe to reduce spillage...(you can stop at a veternarian and buy one, about 25 cents).

I change that oil after running 1-3 tanks of gas, then change it again after 5-8 tanks.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

mine did not come with oil
    when filled right up to top mark on stick
    with a slight tilt of engine
    one should see the oil
    MM
    maybe just to make sure
    turn that thing upside down
    if any all oil will run into your drip pan
    start over
    wife says
    sometimes it's for the best !!

5. bamabikeguy

If your engine is tilted back a little too much, meaning you might overfill it, you will find out on an early ride, when the engine bogs and white smoke pours out.

Just stop the engine, unscrew the dipstick, lean it over and dump out a little bit of the oil. It will ride fine after that, but recheck the dipstick when you get home.

6. give me vtec

thanks guys... do I just use automotive oil? I have some valvoline 5w-20. will that work?

7. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

kind of too ((light))

9. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Post your location, probably a good (synthetic) 10W-30/SAE 30 will be best. They hold such a tiny amount of oil.

10. give me vtec

thanks guys the book says I should be using 10w-40. So I will run to autozone in the morning.

11. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

be sure to use synthetics

12. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Use synthetic after break. Do not use while breaking in.

13. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Why not?

14. bamabikeguy

On two cycles you should ease your way into synthetics, but on these 4 strokes, Mobil 1 or the equivalent exceeds recommendations.

15. give me vtec

Alright... filled it with mobil 1 full syn 10w-30. Thanks again guys.

16. bamabikeguy

Good deal.

It's best to crank it, count to 10 mississippis, then take a 10 minute ride, let it cool for 10 minutes, then repeat.

Let it cool completely, then off you go....don't get in a rut on the throttle, vary it up and down, holding speeds for 15-30 seconds.

Change the oil after 3 tankfuls of gas run through it, then again after 8-10 tanks.

After that, it should kick into full performance soon after that second oil change.

17. seanhan

seanhan Member

It's Amazing

How these little engines just get better and better when you start to get some miles on them, Mine run's smother and has better throttle responce since break in ..... it's also a tad bit quiter also...
    break that thing in right and you will be rewarded...

18. give me vtec

that's what I have been doing. Through 1 1/2 tanks so far.

Sooo much better than the 2 stroke chinese engines. It's like riding a bike while being pushed by an invisible wave of torque.

19. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

The same basic reason you don't use synthetic in two strokes.There are parts that need to wear in.Low rpm application like motored bikes it probably doesn't matter, but I don't break in with synth on my 13,000 rpm GX31 and GX35 engines.

Frankly I haven't seen any performance advantage with synth in the small Hondas. If it makes you feel good to use it , go for it.

20. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

13,000 rpm? Those engines turn that? curve_GX35.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009