Does your wife get jealous?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by a/c man, Aug 17, 2010.

1. a/c man

a/c man Member

I don't know if this has happened to you or not.
    You've spent the entire weekend working on your bike getting something
    just perfect and the way you wanted it and before you know it your deep in the doo doo with the wife.
    She says she's glad you have a hobby,( but man it's not just a hobby it's an addiction that you just can't kick.)
    It got bad for me when I spent $50 or so on a new rear freewheel and chain
    instead of getting her damaged wedding ring fixed at the jeweler.
    It was a no brainer at the time for me, new bike stuff, or ring fixed ..hmmmm
    Guess I had a temporary lapse of good judgment.
    I know I'm not getting any for awhile....

2. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

A/C Man....of course all wives are the same..after being married to the same woman since 1969,I think she is starting to understand , but you can never be sure..
  3. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Thank you.....makes me appreciate being single again.....:sweatdrop:
  4. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

ibennyak..time to find another woman?......maybe not
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

nah, I have too much class to hang with somebody that likes me. :grin5:
  6. Fulltimer

Fulltimer Member

My wife get angry because of the money I spend on my Jeep and bike. The Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket!

7. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Well said!

Exactly my problem as well.

Well, actually, it's more that I have essentially nothing to offer a lady, and the type that would settle for the likes of me isn't worth my time.
  8. kerf

kerf Guest

Don't really have this problem. The first thing I did after building my first bike, was to build one for the little lady. Now she's addicted too.
  9. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

10. kerf

kerf Guest

You lost me with the link?????????

If you're opposed to riding with the wife, that's too bad. I've been doing stuff like this with my wife for 38 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Kinda nice to being married to your best friend.
  11. Al.Fisherman

What makes you so DEFENSIVE ???? If I was commenting on YOUR post (or anyone's for that matter) I'd quote you and post a reply.

I answered the question...... Does your wife get jealous?

NO !

As far as the link??? I think it is self explanatory if one can read.... I'm giving a (3) clutch roller modifications away.... FREE
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  12. kerf

kerf Guest

I understand the purpose of the link, was confused about rollers & jealousy.
  13. Al.Fisherman

I post the link on all my posts so that everyone owning a HT can have a 1 in 3 chances to win the clutch cable mod. By doing so I hope that it exposes more members to sign up.
  14. kerf

kerf Guest

Gotcha, I'm not real smart, 9 years in elementary school. Only kid in the 7th grade with an assigned parking spot in the teachers lot.

You gotta make allowances.
  15. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

It wasn't elementary school, but I had a reserved parking spot in the teachers lot at age 14 - found out I could get a "hardship license" as a "handicapped student" and was driving to school at 14.
  16. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Yea , thats cause there weren't many cars around way back then
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  17. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

ha ha ha.....good stuff guys. This is funny
  18. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Aaaah.....yup, you said what I meant....:cool:
  19. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Hate to say it

Theres a saying i dont agree with. Happy Wife Happy Life. But its true. Gotta WOO the wife once n a while.
  20. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

At the last wedding I attended, the grromsman toasted the couple and offered "Happy wife, happy life". I had been talking to this 29yo and mentioned that there are 3 phrases I learned that seem to work. They are...

Yes, dear.:whistling:
    You're right.:whistling:
    I'm sorry.:bowdown:

It works. I only learned that 5 years ago, and have been married 36 years.

I just made a $15K loan to rebuild my 1957 Chevy. I offered some of the $$ to my wife. She said she'd take a couple hundred dollars for herself.

When parts are ordered and haven't arrived yet, take the wife out and spend time with her.

After you finally install the engine and fire it up, take the wife out for dinner.

After your first successful ride, take the wife out and visit with her friends/family.

After your first successful commute to work, take the wife out to a movie.