Done, but dealing with problem after problem =D

Well that makes sense... But I knew that, it's just that a bolt in my springers is loose that would normally hold the two sides together, now they are loose. The thing is, the weight of the bike pushing down on it stripped one part and it won't tighten further. So I have to deal with loose forks until I get a replacement bolt or whole assembly.

So the bike worked pretty well today, but a corner of the gasket blew, and while I was able to drive the bike home, it made a loud popping with each stroke. I know what I did wrong with the gasket, and I'm now glad I bought the big tube of gasket maker and sheet of material.

Also, I might get a chance soon to have someone make me a custom exhaust pipe. Will be similar to this one but will extend to the rear of the bike.

One question I had though, if I wanted to put an expansion chamber from some moped or soemthing onto this exhaust, will any work? Or do I need to hunt for one that is from an engine that is similar is cc to this one?

Read this well, then watch the zipped vid. Look how the ports are uncovered and covered as the wave reflects into the exhaust port.
Using an expansion chamber from another motor will be VERY hit or miss. A few might get lucky but most don't.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1749

I know we are not at the track but guys that race strokers will have several sets of expansion chambers for different track types. More mid-range for tight, technical tracks or top end pipes for long straight tracks.
Expansion chambers are to strokers what different cams are to 4 strokes.

I knew that article well.. I was looking for an easy answer though.

OK, so since I can't go tuning an exhuast pipe to my needs, can I re weld the old one onto a longer pipe, so it sticks out the back? I heard someone say the longer pipe would mess with the engines performance.

actually, i had a phone convo with that "arlo" guy some time ago...he said the poo-poo pipe was probably the best "stock" performance boost available, so maybe you're on the right tack with that idea.

JosephGarcia said:

There are no easy answers. :D
I have three books here covering the building of headers but only for 4 strokes.

I will stop boring you with things you already know(it all) but when I ask for help, do offer me things I already know. :cool:

Ol' Pete said:
JosephGarcia said:

There are no easy answers. :D
I have three books here covering the building of headers but only for 4 strokes.

I will stop boring you with things you already know(it all) but when I ask for help, do offer me things I already know. :cool:

Didn't mean to sound rude if thats what you assumed by my use of the "...". I was mainly wondering that IF I wanted an expansion chamber, would I be best using any I could find, or one from a 70cc or close engine? And I got my answer from augi, I will just relocate the current exhaust to the back of the bike.

Well guys... It's been great... but...

So i got stopped by an officer today, two came out of the car, one was completely amazed by my bike and wouldnt stop asking questions about it. the other one stopped me becuase i forgot to signal while making a turn. then he saw that my bike had no pedals, and he showed me the book he had about CA vehicle laws and stuff, and said my bike had to be registered as a moped and needed running lights front and rear, turn signals, all that jazz. pretty much that it was illegal as it is. apperantly he has one himself and stopped another guy the previous day for violations of the vehicle code for this type of vehicle.

the other officer who was amazed by the bike said to the officer who was talking to me, "hey cut the guy some slack, he made this bike himself and its his only way around" So he said, "ok, were going to drive away...and you do whatever you need to do to get home." and winked, so now i am here, posting an ad to sell this damn bike on craiglist, and i got an offer from a mechanic in el monte to buy it for 550$

maybe anyone in the area here wants to buy it off me? check out my craiglist posting under motorcycles titled Boardtrack Style Motorcycle, for 550$.

Selling mainly beucase i dont want to go through trouble from this thing, i am getting a real motorcycle soon anyways, and the money from this will get it here sooner.

So thanks to everyone who gave me advice on running the engine and bikeguy joe who gave me the extra chain to drive this. (which I can repay, but not return...) and you guys for being an awesome community. Ill be getting another motorized bicycle eventually... but for now its not right for me.

sorry you got nailed dude :( :eek:
at least you got quick news on selling it :D
I hope it helps to know you can tinker even more with a motorcycle :eek:

Back