Done, but dealing with problem after problem =D

Sorry for you Joseph. Dog gone it.

Note: Motorized bicycles in CA are not requiored to have brake lights or turn signals. Head lights are only requiored at dusk/night. One must have an M-2 cert on the CDL.

Buy a GS 500 Suzuki for a first bike. Dress for the fall. :cool:

sorry joe

i see no one has posted because like me when i showed augie as he came over yesterday, we both shook our heads in disbelief. I would go to the city hall and raise a stink personally, a pioneer if you will, see if you cant get arnold shwartsenegger on your side. i was born in san francisco and raised in menlo park, i know about california and you have more rights than us here in washington. If you do sell and someday fix up and ordinary bike leave the pedals on bro...here the cops just wave at augie...hope they continue to wave at the rest of us...lol. Keep your chin up bro and i would not react so hastily! Good luck in all your endeavors man. If you sell you wont win bike of the month! :D

Re: sorry joe

quay1962 said:
i see no one has posted because like me when i showed augie as he came over yesterday, we both shook our heads in disbelief. I would go to the city hall and raise a stink personally, a pioneer if you will, see if you cant get arnold shwartsenegger on your side. i was born in san francisco and raised in menlo park, i know about california and you have more rights than us here in washington. If you do sell and someday fix up and ordinary bike leave the pedals on bro...here the cops just wave at augie...hope they continue to wave at the rest of us...lol. Keep your chin up bro and i would not react so hastily! Good luck in all your endeavors man. If you sell you wont win bike of the month! :D

That used to be my case, I just got waved at.
There is a auto place down the street called Harry and sons Radiator Shop, and the owners kids who are 16 like to build minibikes. 2 years ago they got in SO much trouble with their riding. and I guess they seen my bike one day in the last month or so, and my little brother told me they showed up in front of his highschool messing with their bikes. so the cops were called on them, and when I got stopped the officer was telling me he has been stopping alot of bikes in the area like mine. and i wasnt bothered before becuase i was responsible with it, but now thanks to those damn kids i have no transportation.

joseph... Fight the power!

get a legitimate plate it costs 17$ in cali and tell them to shove their ideas up their pooper.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24016.htm

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.pdf

There is other stuff but thats your main stuffs :D Do not give up please Joseph. Its simple to fight and takes no time.. by allowing the law to override you and lord over you it allows them to just squash anybody else in the future.

Thanks for listening.

also, joe, you said 'one officer saw that you had no pedals'... is when they read you the riot-act about lights, registration, license and all that? if that's the case, put your pedals back on. or is it not that simple and i've missed something?

We in SoCal live in a high density enviroment. There is not room for youngsters to run around doing semi-legal stuff. 45 years ago, here in Long Beach, I used to carry my 22 rifle on my bike, to the rifle range and no one looked twice. I was 12yo... It may still be like that in rural areas but not here, not anymore.

J. Garcia, if you had a CDL w/an M-2 cert and the bike was legit...there would have been no issue. This is a fact.

You know the forum here with the CA info, or did you miss it? :cool:

Pete this is why I carry the law myself printed up from the State of New Mexico any copper wants to give me flak I am ready. However they just wave at me right now and are kind.

I stay as fully within the law as possible. Speed limit is one thing I am not sure about as I do not have a speedo to check how fast I am going.

JosephGarcia: that really sucks, because you're absolutely correct, the numbn*t kids ruined it for you :censored:
(altho i do wish you hadn't gotten pulled over for not signaling)

that's exactly why i chase the youngster with the gas-scooter away from me...the last thing i need is for the law to start viewing my motoredbike as a toy instead of a responsible mode of adult transportation :/

and i'll let everyone know...JG took the time to post his entire build for us to watch, the bike's MBc & will always be MBc no matter where she winds up...you're fully eligible to win as far as i'm concerned, buddy. matter of fact, you got my vote 8)

My motor kit is in transit but when it gets registered, the printed form and my check get copied and carried on my person along with a copy of the current laws.

augidog said:
JosephGarcia: that really sucks, because you're absolutely correct, the numbn*t kids ruined it for you :censored:

You are wrong augi...legal is legal, no matter what the kids do.

Back