don't get caught...

The other forum is obviously a "for-profit" venture with no added value to the community. They are simply trying to clone us with the hope of making some cash.

I started this forum because I saw a need for a motorized bicycling forum. My creating this forum added tremendous value to the Motored Biking community as it gave everyone a place to exchange ideas. If there was already a well established Motorized Biking site back in August of 06 (when I created this site) I would have never attempted to build this forum.

I keep saying "I" created this site, but it would have never happened without the help of all our members and hard working moddies and administrator (augidog).

MBc is no place to solicit and recruit for other forums.

in the beginning, Tom created MBc...and it was good :)

bossman, i've been grateful for this place from my very first page-view...without your forethought and genuine desire to help others, none of anyone else's "work" would be worth a hoot, & i'm sure the whole group agrees!

(for those not aware: the phrase "Chinese Super Bicycle Happy Time" was coined right here at MBc...so wherever you travel and "hear" the 2-stroke referred to as the HT, you're seeing the influence we've had on the movement. just wait until "others" start referring to themselves as "MBc"...then you'll all see what we mean about their motivation)

I have "lurked" that other site out of curiosity since it was mentioned here and cannot see any measurable growth...it's definitely a clone of this forum and seems empty and sad. I see a few familiar "faces" and hold myself in check so as not to judge too harshly. There can be no forum such as this as this was started with good intent, originality, and a purpose to help those with like interests. Mbc has grown to what it is because of a staff who believed in what it was doing and a membership who believed that what the staff was doing was right. I wouldn't worry about the rest of it... I started here and here I'll stay

Howdy Fellas. Augi is right . To use pm or any means for that matter to influence others over to a competitive site is not only a cheessy thing to do but shows a definite lack of character and displays the morals of a sneak thief.
I've never been there. never even looked after hearing rumours awhile back.
Cant keep up to all the good posts here for petes sake. lol
Any serious builders , expert or novice , cant help but see the quality of info available in this forum and frankly, I cant see any reason for going elsewhere.

Ive met some solid fellas and became friends with some real decent people here.

I don't make a huge amount of posts as post counts themselves dont impress me much , but I have spent many, many hrs on the ones that I have made trying to give something back for all that I have gained from this wonderful place.

Thank You Tom, Augi, Dave, Azkronic, Denny, and all the rest of the staff and members that have made this my #1 destination on the web.

In all honesty, I'd really like to slap a little common ceourtesy into a few of these flakes that haven't got the class to respect Your membership and all the hard work that you fellas have put in here

Sincerely,
Hagg

Last edited by a moderator:
This site IS the MBc University of the web. You can learn so much here if you want. There is so much good info and exchange of ideas and the vibe is about sharing, giving and learning. There is not enough words to thank everybody involved from the beginning till today, keeping it the way it is.

This is my first too and i don't feel the need to wander away. I would feel that I would be stealing all that you guys have invested in me personally, if i moved elsewhere. To me it's much much more than a motorbike thing. I isolated my self for the last 4 years after my divorce. Motorbikes and MBc is a true Godsend for me. The only other use I had for the internet was unhealthy for my mind and soul. I'm grateful to be here.

That other place does seem sad. Almost like a ghost town with nothing but wind, dust and a couple tumble weeds rolling along.
I guess Barren would be the correct name for it. Barrenbicycles.com
Doc

i think i should try agin to make myself clear:

it's not the existence of another forum that bothers me, i swear, not one tiny bit.

but why y'all gotta be jerks about it? just go over there if you want...there's simply no mature way to justify the stuff some of you have pulled on us here.

funny...most say they migrate because of my rough mannerism, but yaknow something? all we know about the other forum so far is that it's members and staff are not adverse to causing havoc on other forums & trying to steal traffic thru underhanded tactics.

that's all i know about them so far...get it? in it's short life, the other place has already made an unsavory name for itself thru it's actions. how exactly is that helping the movement, paul?

in a nutshell, you're not our kinda peeps...so just quietly be on your way & we'll be done with the matter, m-kay?

Back