Dorkbike II

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Proboscis, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

Pretty much a basic and some what trouble free build. With the help of user cruiser66 I was able to get some bugs ironed out. I did add a gearbox oil reservoir to cure the "spiting" out the vent hole. Never use a soild 10mm bolt with no vent when running gear oil, or if you want your legs covered in hot smelly gear oil. Where the rear axle bolts up to the chain stays I welded extra metal to lengthen the "C" wheres as to adjust the chain for tension with out the need of the chain tension part. But biggest goof is not about the engine kit, but breaking my bottom bracket where the left crank attaches to (Over Torqued bolt). Try ed welding the crank on but was worried about the heat burning up the grease in the BB. Don't really want to spend $100 for a new Shimnano BB part. I guess I got lazy since you don't really need to pedal with this 4-stoke kit but must comply with the law stating that the bike must have pedals (and light and horn and mirror and brake light) Work in progress.

Last picture is Dorkbike III, Plans are newer Honda engine, Belt drive and the newest gearbox. Few years down the road:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice looking 4stroker !!! :D
    what is the cross bar on handlebars for?
    extra strength ?

3. beast775

beast775 Guest

nice bike

if you dont mind me askin wut did you pay for your kit?im thinkin of gettin one.for someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  4. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Crazy power I bet! Let's get the low down on your gear box.

Dan

5. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

I like it. Where did you get that crossbar for your handlebars? I have been looking for something like that. I plan on using a tach and speedometer like you have there and I ran need a place to put my lights. Please let me know. THanks! :)

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

7. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

I found mine at the junkyard in a car, it's a Renthal bar. I like the look and plus it mine protect my tach and speedo during a minor crash

8. larymor

larymor Guest

What kind of engine is that ? Looks powerful.

9. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

10. Scottm

Scottm Guest

that motor does look like a monster. Good job. I'm afraid to ask how fast it goes.

11. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

It looks bigger cuz the frame is so small. Really tight fit in the diamond back frame. It's a basic Huasheng engine, top speed is a cool 45km/h @6500rpm constant with 50 tooth gear.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/proboscis100/DSC01440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  12. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

A 5 horse on that thing??? SCARY!