double pics

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by azbill, Jun 29, 2007.

1. azbill

azbill Active Member

I just now figured out how to add my B-O-M trophy (that I am very proud of) to my sig
    , before now, I always did it manually (very time consuming...shows how proud I am of it)
    I am going to edit every double pic I find , just want to alert people that I am not that anal about it as to post it 2X
    I don't want to waste anyones bandwith so I am trying to get them, but fear there are a couple hundred

I should have took my own advice and searched more thoroughly !
    I found out how after playing with google search of the site

again... I am sorry for the inconvenience

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

shoot, just go to your public profile, click "find all posts" and they'll be listed in order of newest first, you only have to go back, what, 2 months or so? :lol: :lol:

good luck :p
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

haha, I just noticed my sig pic is #385 of that pic :shock:
    might be longer cleanin up than I thought :lol:
  4. papa

papa Guest

Couldn't ya just delete the original and upload a duplicate with a different file name? It would no long be displayed in previous posts, but at least you could start over without having to modify all previous posts.
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

I think it would leave the code pointing to deleted file :?
    have done 17 pages of my posts so far :shock:
    almost halfway done

didn't realize I was such a talkative bugger !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

hold on a doggone minute!! you've been uploading every time?! :lol: :lol:

hehe...everyone: whenever you want to re-post an existing pic, just go to "upload picture" then click the "gallery" link...all the pics you've uploaded are there and ready to be inserted.

guess i gotta move this into "forum help" :p
  7. papa

papa Guest

Yea... saw the link.

Can the 'gallery' be accessed without initiating a 'posting window' first? And,.. how do I delete the bandwidth hoggin' dupilcates?
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

now that's's like my own little thumbnail gallery.
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

papa...this software (free) is fairly limited, tho we're grateful to have it....besides, if we allowed that, someone could maliciously remove pics and leave a whole buncha posts with a blank image link. this is sorta the reason we prefer members use our upload feature, we like knowing the data is safe...if a remote image-host ever belly's up, a lot of very good posts are gonna be useless.

duplicate uploads aren't bandwidth hogs, they just waste a small bit of storage...we have lots of space available and we're willing to keep as much space as we have to in order to maintain control over the data that's displayed on MBc.
  10. azbill

azbill Active Member

good point Augi
    but, if anyone wants to dump all those extra pics of mine, feel free to do so (I never realized there were so many)
  11. papa

papa Guest

Actually, whenever the gallery is accessed by a member, all of the originally sized images are DL'ed simultaneously by the browser (in my case, a 641k DL). They may look like 5k 'thumbnails', but in reality, they are the full sized originals.

So far, I have 200k of unnecessary duplicates, and would prefer to see them disappear. But if it's not an issue for you, then I'm not gonna worry 'bout it.

Appreciate the info
  12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

understood about accessing gallery...i was addressing actual viewing of the forum. it's our dial-up brothers and sisters we try to help by limiting image size and remote pics.

you know what i appreciate? members who care enough to constructively get involved... 8)
  13. azbill

azbill Active Member

agreed, thanks for the suggestions papa

just to end this thread...I have edited 30.5(!) :shock: pages of my old posts and think all the doubles are gone (if you see any I missed, feel free to delete)

I spent a few hours (5-6) doing this, but felt it was my fault, so I couldn't leave a mess behind me
    after all, I do preach about keeping the house in order :lol: :lol: :lol: