Dr. J's Bikes

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Dr. J., Dec 2, 2006.

1. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These bike were as much fun to build as to ride! :>)

Dr. J.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Damn, those bikes look so good! What size motor does that last bike have?

3. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

Thanks Tom for the kudos! All of the bikes have 80cc (70cc) King's motors. The best upgrades so far have been the new style clutch lever (all but the top bike), chain roller (inline skate wheel), and 510 BMX chain.

Dr. J.

4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

frount hub

What is the deal with that frount hub? Is that a drum brake?

5. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

Yes it is a drum. Front and back are Grubee heavy spoke aluminum wheels.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

really nice looking bikes, Dr. J. 8)

i wish there was a large frame classic cruiser for me to work with, i like the look so much...

7. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

USA Today- Dec 12 p. 7c mentioned some HIGH dollar bikes, plus this $550 Amsterdam Cruiser

http://www.electrabike.com/06_new/flash_index.html

Other high tech gadgets were Thump Pro sunglasses with mp3 capacity, and a LED light from knogusa.com for $28.

8. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Wheels

Must have those wheels. How much for wheel with drum brake?

9. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

I bought both wheels on ebay for $100.00 a few months ago. You might check with Mike Simpson to see if he still sells them.

10. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Mike Simpson

What is his member name on e-bay?

11. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

12. Cookie

Cookie Guest

really nice looking bikes, Dr. J.

i wish there was a large frame classic cruiser for me to work with, i like the look so much...

Augie TRECK has some large beach crusers with coasters that is what we got for Sutan and he is 6'4" I think we paid around 250.00 for it and it is a good sturdy bike.

Cookie

13. nogoodnic42

nogoodnic42 Guest

14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

thanks, bothaya, but i really really gotta have a 21" or larger mens' frame...

my "sabrina II" is a 22" frame, and i've never had a better fit :)

15. erikvilla

erikvilla Guest

Where do you get those top chain tensioners that look like roller blade wheels? or do you have to make them? i need some thing like that for the top of my chain.

16. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

17. etheric

etheric Guest

The bike I think Cookie is refering to is a Trek "Classic" and they are 229.99 msrp, come in a 21"; in vivid blue, candy red, metallic bronze, and metallic black/dark silver. I just took a look at one on the floor and I'm not so sure an engine would mount in easily...maybe. The womens bike could take one though I think. This info is in regards to the '07s only.

Not that anyone needs a new bike, but just to fill in the information gaps for future reference.[/b]

18. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

That was my guide roller in the link Cookie referred to. After re-reading that it does sound complicated. Using a seat clamp like you did is nice and clean...easy too. :grin: Having that roller sure keeps the chain rolling smooth.

I like your bikes. They look comfortable and safe with plenty of brakes. :cool: I've got a drum brake setup to put on one of these days.

19. Joshboy

Joshboy Guest

why would you want drum brakes they are way less efficient... (in cars at least)

20. drimpact

drimpact Member

Drum Brakes on a Bicycle

Drum brakes are great! Check out an 18 wheeler and see what kid of brakes they have!

I have used a drum brakes on my bike and it stopped me better than rim brakes.