dr_clabo's schwinn

~FIN~

1106_fin_1.jpg

you really had to do all that without knowing that spare/extra saddles and mount-blocks are available?

shoot, go see dax's parts page...he offers all that stuff.

That bike is SHWEEEET!

No, about the low end "chugging". These engines are running the equivilent of 3rd or 4th gear on a small motorcycle, so yeah, they'll "chug" at low speeds.

you really had to do all that without knowing that spare/extra saddles and mount-blocks are available?
shoot, go see dax's parts page...he offers all that stuff.

Stellar suggestion that is/was known.
However, can a call to Duane right now on Saturday produce a part on my front doorstep tomorrow, on Sunday? Actually, this afternoon would be best -

I am not certain that my post was read in it's entirety or context:
"I took over this project and just worked within a time frame more than a budget"
"Why they are not available when ordering or even suggested"
"Should be minimally suggested as a option [when ordering] - IMHO.

I am offering but slight advise for future hobbyist & installers with the hope of benifit.

Thanks,
~DC~
:)

That bike is SHWEEEET!
No, about the low end "chugging". These engines are running the equivilent of 3rd or 4th gear on a small motorcycle, so yeah, they'll "chug" at low speeds.

Thanks bikerguy for the compliment. I appreciate such.

Now, you and I need to make a constant mesh 2-speed tranny. No neutral required, as the clutch handle lock acts as a neutral.

This could act as a "High-Lo" tranny or a hill climb mode or perhaps a second option for the "speedsters".....

Enjoy,
~DC~

well, sure i read your post, doc, i read them all :)

i read this part, too...

dr_clabo said:
If I had one more of the removable "U" shaped BLOCKS, like on the rear, it certainly would have saved some grief.

Make 'em and sell on fleebay is my suggestion - sincerely. Kits, studs, blocks, all that stuff.
hence my reply.

dr_clabo said:
...I used zink plated spacers for the front & rear mounts...

Did you just get those zinc-plated spacers at the local hardware store? I'm just asking because I've never seen them at the shops around me, and I could use some for my re-mount scheduled this summer.

Yes, I bought them at a local harware store.

"Time" was in response to the previous post.

You can try automotive too. I think that they are used for accessories (alt, air pump, ect.) attached to the fan belt, perhaps....

Hope this will help,
~DC~

DC - yes, that helps! Sorry I didn't catch your "Time" response to the previous post....but all is good now. Thank you!! :)

Back