Drive Chain Sprocket Won't Move?

it seems we haven't gotten it started yet...i think we're going to find a flaw in the installation.

i haven't heard back for a bit now...

ace', how ya making out?

OK..

well, you cannot freely spin the back tire at all, the push rod is in place, from what i've heard, i belive the problem MAY be, i have somehow jammed the ball bearing\\?> how would i go about fixing this problem..grrrr

wait...you have to rotate the drive sprocket & feed the chain through to install it...are you saying the chain is properly installed?

yes the chan sprocket was rotated to feed the chain around. i just cant get the engine to disengage from the rear wheel. I took the drive sprocket off with the black puller supplied with the kit, the ball bearing seems to rotate but i dont know, maybe its stuck? is the push pin/rod supposed to move in and out? cause it just rotates, thinks for any help here its so frustrating to be this close and not be able to run this bike.

yes i did but the problem existed prior to removing the sprocket anyways. thanks tho...

Re: ..

acecreeper said:
yes the chan sprocket was rotated to feed the chain around. i just cant get the engine to disengage from the rear wheel. I took the drive sprocket off with the black puller supplied with the kit, the ball bearing seems to rotate but i dont know, maybe its stuck? is the push pin/rod supposed to move in and out? cause it just rotates, thinks for any help here its so frustrating to be this close and not be able to run this bike.

Did the brass cable end slip on the cable by chance so when you pull in the clutch, it just doesn't disengage? It only has to slip a tiny bit.

oh man! i thought maybe this was an adjustment problem, but i couldn't get a straight answer about the sprocket turning. ace', it's near impossible to disengage the clutch by hand by pushing the rod. have you assembled the lever/cable/arm correctly? have you double-checked?

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1501

joe...this is the one where i tried to write about adjusting the clutch, is this what you wanted or were you talking about the pressure plate?

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=112

I had the same problem with my first motor install recently.

While I was installing the motor over a few weekends I had to either pick up the back wheel or remove the sparky to move the bike.

I had setup the clutch cable etc. correctly because just before I went for it's first test drive the clutch 'poped' and came good.

It just fixed itself and went from the clutch not releasing to releasing fine.

I have no idea what happend but it has been working fine.

I have yet to remove the clutch/gear cover plate to grease it a little but will be looking for a possible reason then.

Back