drive gear key came out

wbuttry

Local time
9:45 PM
i was going down the road and i thought my clutch went out. I released the clutch and nothing. It just squealed and slipped so i got home and took clutch cover off. On the left side motor and when i took cover off bolt and drive gear fell out. Of the cover so i put it back on didnt notice the key gone so i got it running again .And my bolt kept backing out with out the key. It does ok got it home again and took off cover and again it all fell out. I got mad then with a flash light got looking and around the clutch behind it in the bottom there was a key. I got to looking didnt know where it came from then i looked at my drive gear and son of a gun there was a place for a key. And in the shaft to cool so it took 30 minutes to get that tiny key in that tiner hole. In the shaft and the gear back on it so i thread locked the screw in the shaft and key. In the shaft also so maybe this will hold it all together. Any body have problems with the key coming out of the drive gear and if so how you fix it ?:geek:

I haven't had a key come out in 5 engines. Some have. In the future, if you super glue the key in place it will make it easier to install associated parts.

thats the first time that ever came loose i might be releasing the clutch to quick i clutch at a stop sign pedal a few feet to get going then i dump the clutch and gas it at the same time it doesnt jerk at all just take on off .

thats the first time that ever came loose i might be releasing the clutch to quick i clutch at a stop sign pedal a few feet to get going then i dump the clutch and gas it at the same time it doesnt jerk at all just take on off .

Guess what..I ONLY peddle to start..about 20 feet, push off a little at a red light or stop sign with my feet.

sounds about like me these motors are pretty good to pull a 210 pd fat but like me it could have just been a fluke who knows it was a weird situation to say the least

Back