Drive Thru's and Motor Bikes

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JacksonCognac, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Alright so I've had several unsuccessful attempts to get service at fast food drive thrus. I'm usually rolling in late after a night of drinking and its annoying that I can't get any service on my motor bike.

I even went so far as to ride home, get my car, drive back there and get my food and tell them that I obviously have a car, but I'd prefer picking up some food on my bike. There isn't much that I (or they for that matter) can do about it but does anyone else feel my pain?

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

It doesn't seem fair for them to discriminate against you like that. There is no fast food here (except the stuff that's still moving around).

3. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

LOL Van... that was funny.

Two things are ABSURD here:

1. Fast food in general; it's 99% junk.

2. The treatment that any potential customer gets who is not actually in a four-wheeled motor vehicle.

WTF is up wit dat?!?!

4. kerf

kerf Guest

I've never tried the fast food drive through but I have gone to the drive through teller at my bank on many occasions. They never acted like this anything but routine. Don't know what they said behing my back.

5. Do you think if I rolled up on an actual motorcycle they would serve me? What does a man have to do to get some grub :?:

6. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Most drive up windows will not serve pedestrians. A motorized bicycle is not a registered vehicle, even in CA with its one time moped plate, so it is prolly looked upon as a pedestrian. I have never been refused service at a drive up window when astride a motorcycle.

7. On the rare occasion that i desire junk in my trunk I park my bike,lock it up,walk inside and eat while watching others oogle and awgle at my bike.
    Drive thru? How you gonna eat?

8. a lot of these places are closed late at night except for the drive thru. If I got any food I'd throw it in my basket, mb pound a burger before driving off... whatever it took. ;)

I guess its a good thing... I should prepare a healthy tofu snack when I get home at 3 am wasted. :p

9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Please, do NOT drink & drive.

It's not if you get caught. It's when .... and trust me....you will.

Don't make me tell my story......

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i wonder how much wasted petroleum (idling engines) drive-thrus account for?

11. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Please don't ride wasted... I don't want to have anything nbad happen to you or your bike. Now look, I like to whoop it up too, so i'm not a tea-totaler or anything, but let's be responsible. Also, this could be a very detrimental move, to what could be a true revolution and movement for our motorsport.
    Back to the topic, I'm gonna try that. If they don't serve me on my grubee, I'll go home and grab the whizzer; if they don't serve me on the whizzer, I'll grab the motorcycle; and when all is said and done I will talk tom corporate about discrimination...
    :)

12. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

13. kerf

kerf Guest

I hope JacksonCognac was just embellishing about drinking. If you're plastered and on a bike at night, getting arrested might be the best outcome.
    There is no bailing out from dead!

14. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

welcome to the cager window can i take your order

15. Barret

Barret Guest

Augi, no kidding! I'm willing to be quite a lot. I myself aways avoid long lines at the drive-thru, so I don't waste a bunch of gas...

16. yes the drinking was a bit of an embellishment. Drinking and driving is not cool. Drinking and riding is slightly less not cool but not cool none the less!

17. mxcrashr

mxcrashr Guest

Next time, get yourself an old school open faced helmet with a clear flip down visor so they will think your on a motorcycle.