Drivetrain Advice for Chinese CAG/ Pocket Bike Engine

flashstar

Local time
1:16 AM
Hey guys,

I've tried unsuccessfully for two years to get my thatsdax friction drive working. Eventually, I discovered that the one-way bearing in the drive roller might have failed. Either that or the roller axle thing was not machined correctly and did not fit the one-way bearing. The result is that the drive roller constantly slips while I am riding and eventually provides no traction. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with Duane for a couple weeks. Hopefully everything is ok.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of having a motorbike that barely works. Should I purchase a Staton friction drive kit or is there a better rear mount drive system for the CAG/ 49cc Chinese pocket bike motor? It doesn't matter if it is a chain or friction drive system. Would a Nuvinci hub be compatible?

Thanks again.

The simplest solution is to have Duane send you another roller. Ya might want to choose one without the one way roller.

There are several systems available, such as GEBE.

5-7,

I'd love to just get a new roller from Duane but I haven't been able to reach him for a couple weeks and I've called him a few times. I will call him back again tomorrow but I'm concerned about shipping times considering that he seems to be out of the office.

I'll let you know if I get in touch with him but if I can't, which kit would you recommend the most? I don't want to run into another major issue if possible.

Thanks

Lol, I just had an epiphany!

Remove the roller and tack weld it on the sides. then reinstall and enjoy your ride!

Don't worry about losing the one-way feature. 98% of friction drive riders don't have that feature.

Back