Dropped wrist pin keeper in engine! Please help

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Fletch, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Fletch

Fletch Member

I dropped the **** wrist pin keeper clip down into the engine and I'm freakin' out now! :shout:

I did a search and I'm surprised I didn't turn up anything because I would guess this has happened before?

I don't have one of those magnetic things to stick down there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Dave C

Dave C Member

Unless it has attached to some magnatized wouldn't turning it over and shakeing it work?

3. Fletch

Fletch Member

Dave,

I got it out. I panicked, but then I just rotated the engine and it came around stuck to the side of the crank cover! :sweatdrop: tears of joy

Good thing it wasn't a brand new engine with no oil in it.

4. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

all brand new engines should have a film of oil on all the parts. If a new engine doesnt have a little oil in it, then it was assembled dry, and that's a bad thing.
    is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

5. Fletch

Fletch Member

I see...didn't think about that. It's a 2 stroke. The spookytooth directions I roughly went by on the first engine suggested to pour a small amount of oil down the cylinder, so I wasn't sure.

6. a/c man

a/c man Member

Glad to hear you got the little bugger out.
    I know that ..OH **** FEELING!!!

I bet next time you'll get that piston to top dead center and stuff a rag or paper towels down in that crank case "abyss" first.

That will learn ya..

Best of luck ,
    TIM

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

You can also pour a cup of fuel mix into the crankcase......slosh it around & pour it back into a bowl. Repeat until the foreign object is rinsed out of there.

been there....done that. :dunce:

8. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

I have found that the major purpose of these tiny parts is to expand my mechanical vocabulary. On roadside chain keeper repairs alone I have expanded it by over 37%.

9. Fletch

Fletch Member

Haha, yeah I actually just stuck some plastic wrap over it the second time.

That's funny, I was just thinking that last night. How many times I have to consult a search engine or an engine schematic to find the name of something. I feel like I'm in a class doing homework.