Carby dual carburetors, one gas, one e85, suggestions?

making a trip just to see my bike might be ill advised, I'll probably have blown it up by the time you got here.

I'm tired of these chintzy junk heaps anyway, next time it blows it's getting a DeNardis, maybe a 60cc model, I haven't seen one of those on a motorized bike yet.

what gaskets would you want to use if making your engine e85 safe? im actually not concerned with power, more so with emissions.

if you're concerned with emissions, get a 4 stroke. 2 strokes pollute far worse than 4 strokes.

oh no, alcohol in the fuel is going to dissolve your alcohol proof gasket materials!

hang on... no they wont.

leave the gaskets alone.

leave the twin carbs alone. only one bike i know of ever had two carbs on one cylinder and it had a reason for it. good old honda XR 200, if it had just one BIG carb, of the same total area...it would die when the throttle was opened wide too fast. no air speed through the venturi, no fuel gets sucked up and mixed with air, engine dies.

being on one cylinder, they did not require synching. one carb was "untuneable" one wasnt. both throttles were locked together, with no adjustment necessary. or even possible, from memory.

then someone developed the CV carb and the twin carb concept was thrown out on the rubbish heap where it belonged. no matter how fast or wide you open a CV carb, its slide will only lift as high as the engine requires.

adding a bigger carb is going to do nothing for performance unless you have opened all the ports up to suit the increased breathing capabilities. if the hole behind the carb is only 16mm across, sticking a 20mm carb on is going to do what? somehow squeeze extra air down the 16mm hole? reality says no, it wont.

but, some people wont listen to logic, its your money, so if you think two carbs is going to make a huge difference, and want to stuff around with different fuels that also make no difference... go for it :)

now, if you were running straight methanol and needed one carb setup for the extra fuel flow...maybe. easy way to get double the power. buying drums of methanol isnt exactly cheap when youre using four times the amount of fuel! definitely not the way to proceed if mileage and economy is your desired outcome.

making a trip just to see my bike might be ill advised, I'll probably have blown it up by the time you got here.

I'm tired of these chintzy junk heaps anyway, next time it blows it's getting a DeNardis, maybe a 60cc model, I haven't seen one of those on a motorized bike yet.
this i have to see!

i would be happy with the 40cc denardis... though the 50cc seems to have more parts available? more common i guess :)

found one! takes a bit of searching for the china ones to pop up on ebay... fairly cheap though and i know they DO get up and go! far superior to the poxy 49cc things with the carb at the back of the case.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/39CC-Water-...ash=item41a95668fc:g:EBYAAOSwGYVW~vFH&vxp=mtr

china direct...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39CC-Water-...ash=item418504e324:g:6SYAAOSwRLZT4qfi&vxp=mtr

radiator required...

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just like the idea of a fully liquid cooled engine on a motorized bike. I'm sure a 50cc would be more than fast enough for me, but go big or go home.

I mean, if I don't want to go 60 miles per hour, I just don't crack the throttle quite so much. not too hard. I've already got one of the faster bikes around but rarely crack 35 anyway. I'm too starting to get old for that s**t, I don't spring back like I used to. I only have a couple bones left that I haven't managed to break yet, and I'd like to keep them intact as long as possible.

but having the option to do 60 is sure fun when it's on a closed course and you're in full race gear.

hows about one of these engines?

rc116.jpg

might cost a bit though!

look at the poor rider..."aw cmon, let me on it!"

100MPH from a lil fiddy! and look at the front brakes! caliper/rim brakes! oh yeah baby!

hard to believe its a four banger... and it took how long for the gx25-35 to start being manufactured? um...50 YEARS?!?!

im thinking of a denardis 50-60 myself...suitable for an ICV or "individually constructed vehicle"... has to be 50cc and has to hit 50km/h... for nsw, au road registration...

as much as I love the sound of 20000+ rpm, I don't have the cash to support it's hunger for parts. or buy it in the first place.

I have seen pocket bikes for sale 2 hand with 8 and 10 hp warter cooled for $200 the hole thing but it's a jump I don't know if i can get spare pats

Back