Dual GeBe system?

D

duivendyk

What is the possibility of adapting the Gebe to front drive?.Has anybody ever looked into this possibity?.You could have a dual Gebe sytem then,potentially a lot more oomph for sure,but it might be difficult to come by the larger drive sprockets needed (20-25 T)

Last edited:
forget it?!

nu-unh! i thought you more gearhaead than that, mitch!! heehee.

i'm gonna do it someday...tanaka's come outta the factory so doggoned consistant i bet all i have to do is take 2 matching gear:ring ratios and put one on each wheel...zoom-a-zoom-ZOOM! times two!!

hang matching aux. tanks on the left mount-legs for balance.

Last edited:
Succinct,but hardly informative,do you have specific experience with something along this line ?.With a dual engined bike you have twice the torque and therefore would need less reduction,how much would depend on your particular application.I'll admit it looks a bit on the freaky side.Speed demons@racers with money to spend might go for something like that.Another possibility would be to team up with a front electric drive instead of a IC engine,preferably of course with regenerative capability.Good for hilly terrain, electric motors can be overloaded for short periods (hill climbing) and you could use regenerative braking and direct battery charging when cruising along.Would not be cheap though.

i saw a two wheel drive mtn bike on craigs. the front is powered by a cable thru frame, how about that. then you could put paddle tires on it and go sand draggin.

Not as expensive as all that, tho. Electric motors for scooters in the 350 to 400 watt range can be had for around $30. Put a motor/gearbox a la currie drive style on each front wheel of a tadpole trike, put a 1 KW generator/2 stroke motor and small battery box behind/below the seat, have front wheel drive.

Last edited:
no hard data...yet

i DO have many thousands of miles under my banana seat, with almost every configuration currently available. the tiny 2-stroke with a centrifugal clutch is an astoundingly versatile arrangement.

so, i'm not guessing in the least, i know (read: strongly feel) it will work.

me? let's use my new "bluto" build as a beautiful foundation.

2 matched tanaka 32's. tandem throttle. 13 tooth drive-gears.

oh...to address your "efficiency" points, i don't see any benefits in a dual-engine rig, i just see a TON of get-go and awesome handling.

it WILL be done someday for the sheer fun of it, maybe it'll wind up on a track somewhere with the MBRA.

also based on my diverse experience: pursue your electric/gasoline hybrid ideas for the motoredbike of the future :cool:

Last edited:
I think there is a growing consensus that hybrid bikes can offer interesting synergies and some significant advantages.Would it be premature to start a separate forum category for these type of systems? They are increasingly beginning to crop up.Any thoughts on this subject?

Back