Brakes Dual pull brake lever . . . so much easier

please keep us all informed regarding -- how these doubles hold up

I am not wanting to be a na sayer here - but

after taking a close look at said unit

wondering how strong they are -- twice the pressure at times being applied ??

if by chance one should break -- then we have no brakes

ride that thing

mine works great, I have a break light hooked on. the back grabs first then the front so if I lock up it should be the back not front.

dual-pull brake lever

Hi all.
Have don this mod myself out of a moutain-bike brake-lever. [see Pics in my album]. Drilled through the main body, shaped the casing to take a steel rod which was drilled at it's end's to take the cables then used a piece of 1/4 steel to screw in the lever end adjusters. Have set the brakes so that rear brake comes on just before the front. Been running it for months and a hundred or so K's. Works great. Also a good practise is to ruff-up your rims with a bit of 60 grit emery cloth and sand the brake blocks lightly. Brakes realy efficient even in the wet.

Happy riding you-all.:giggle:

Last edited:
Mine also has a swivel mechanism.But with the right tuning it should work (I hope) so you can avoid disaster!

The only issue I have with dual-pull brake levers being used for both front and rear brakes is that you have introduced a common point of failure for both brakes...

In my case, I added a front drum brake wheel to my Trek, which already had rim V-brakes. So, I'm considering a dual-brake lever for the front. If the front lever fails, I still have rear brakes.

True, if the lever fails you will have no brakes. I have thought of this. When I was younger I had no brakes on my 10 speed (could not afford the cables). So I stuck my foot on the front tire. I did think about using the double lever for clutch and brake (front or rear have not decided yet).

I have had the dual on a few bikes and they are nice.But putting all your stopping power under one lever can be a poblem IMO.It is a cheaply made part. So if you are going to use one, build one out of a quality lever as stated above.

MotoMagz

Back