Dual-Pull Brake Lever Works Great!

I have the same brake lever, And I don't think I would be comfortable without. Easy to get the balance right with adjustments. works GREAT!

I'd grab the front brake thinking it was the clutch and endo if I had a normal front brake!

i got mine all installed today and all i can is WOW! little bit of work to get set up right but can stop on a dime. been over the handle bars to many times mountain bikeing breaking colar bone and stuff so front breaks scare me. this is the ultimate

van: i know what you intend to use it on & i think you might like it with a little tweaking.

I got my duel lever today an havin trouble adjusting. I pull and it is very hard to pull the lever to get the brakes to work. I never could ever adjust brakes on a bike to get them to work like factory ones. any instructions would be great, tips , tricks. thanks

This helped me learn how brakes work and are adjusted, I never touched bike brakes before I came to MBc.
Originally Posted by Ol' Pete
Bookmark this repair site.
http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=21

I think when I adjusted my dual pull (I don't know if it was the right way), I used a rubber band to hold the brake lever in like I was pulling on the brakes. Then I used the barrel adjusters (started with them all the way in) to tighten the rest of the way. Adjusted the pads last.

I'm happy with my dual brake system. It's held up for the last 250 miles, even though I did most of it myself.

Scott. Where did you perchase your dual brake lever? Quality and all okay? I need to get one.
Thanks

Hey Van. I got them on e-bay Item number: 140178890476 at www.bikeworldusa.com. Deb is cool and helpful. $11.99+$3 shipping.
This is my second set. Now I have one on each bike. I think it's made by Pyramid. I have not had any troubles with them. Atcspaul got his there too.

Hope that helps. I'm new to the bike (parts) industry but I believe I have a quality product.

I was just about to purchase, when it occurred to me to ask if it matters that I'm running disc brakes? These are my first discs, and the pressure exerted to actuate them feels very much like that of the v-brakes on my Trek.

Back