Dwarf Classic Cars from Refrigerators

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigBlue, May 4, 2013.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Fabian likes this.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Dang! I lived in the Phoenix area for 14 years, until 2010 and didn't know about him. Wish i had known.

3. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

European type approval rules would make that kind of hobby almost impossible to do around here :(

4. professor

professor Active Member

Wow Bigblue that was terrific. The guy is a genius.

5. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Interesting, I believe I've read in the past that many European microcars were made from metal cooking containers left over after WWII.

Look at Andy's Modern Microcars for some selections avilable in the UK: http://www.modernmicrocars.co.uk/index.html

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

Dankoozy likes this.
  6. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

In the UK things are a bit easier for some reason, they like their kit cars, Caterham, Ariel Atom, all that sort of stuff but even there the lad who registered a GEBE kit bike had to go through quite a bit of trouble before it was road legal.
    Back in the day when these cars were made it was all easy, lights, indicators, mirrors, fill in a form and away you go but the EU has been hard at work to change all that.

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

An impressive level of talent and artistry.

I don't understand how the EU can impose it's laws on the UK. The UK is the UK and the laws of the UK are it's own. The EU has no power to have any claim over the sovereign independence of the UK by imposing it's laws on the UK and secondly, the politicians of the UK are duty bound by the people of the UK to ensure that the EU has no business in UK affairs.

What next: the EU imposing left hand drive on Englanders and effectively banning kit cars through legislation not originating within the borders of a specific country.
    The people need to get behind Nigel Farage with a passion that's proportional to saving their sovereign independence.