dyno roadster

I've been working on this a long time now. The tank is made from an old canteen wrapped in fiberglass. The can uder the seat houses a run switch and cdi. looking to replace it with a chrome 1 of some kind. The exhaust is far too loud, its next on the mod list. The pedal side chain roller is my 4th attempt at something that works, lol, it seems to.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 2,161
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_1944.jpg
    IMG_1944.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 669
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great and you added many clever details, like the speedo mount.

How did you mount the rear sprocket while using a rear drum brake?
I have a cruiser bike with a shimano roller brake on the back that I would like to motorize.

Thanks.

Sorry, the rear hub is the solid hd hub. I laced it in myself, 1st time I'd done it. The strap brake slows it to a stop, thats all i can say for it(dual pull lever may be to blame, not much travel). The brake/sprocket take up too much space forcing the wheel to the right of center. I have a drum brake hub for the front but haven't gotten it installed yet.

That speedo is mounted on a bar end from a mtb i had laying around. I thought it looked good, and is easier to see.

azbill, I love the smiley animation with your grand daughters, its sweet.

Here she is, with her new homemade exhaust, much better.

Attachments

• 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 657
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 618
HD spokes and rim

[QUOTE=reclaimer;

Sorry, the rear hub is the solid hd hub. I laced it in myself, 1st time I'd done it.

Please tell us about your HD rear wheel !!! What is the length of the 12g spokes.Where did you get the spokes? what is the rim width, make and where did you get the rim.
Thanks
Bill

Lucky for me, the Roadster came with a large coaster hub. It was a simple swap of hubs.(doesn't help you any sorry)

The drum brake hub for the front is giving me pains though. Spokes are too long for a cross 3, too short for a cross 4. When i figure that out I'll post it, cows might come home 1st though.

I am most impressed,your elegant creation has the looks of a Bugatti emulating 'Art Nouveau Special'.I find the subtle sinuous lines quite captivating.My hero,Ettore would have loved it,I'm sure.It ought to be exhibited.Sticking the CDI in a can protecting it from the elements is the smart thing to to.

Nice bike! I always loved Dyno bikes. I have a gloss red with flames GT Dyno Deuce I plan on using for a 2 stroke build. Shame Dyno is no longer making bikes or the very least the tires. Dyno tires are very rare now, I wish they still made them. Pre GT Dynos (before GT bought them out) are especially rare now.

Back