e-bay engines cheap

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by davidsis, Nov 23, 2006.

How to start when warm after cooling for about 15 Minutes

Poll closed Feb 18, 2008.
  1. Half choke half throttle

2 vote(s)
  2. no choke full throttle

7 vote(s)
  3. full choke no throttle

0 vote(s)
  4. no choke half tickle throttle.

10 vote(s)
  1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Hey, I have seen engines on e-bay for about $200. This sounds kind of low. It is 80cc is this too good to be true. Maybe it is a crummy engine. It is being sold by powerkingshop Item#270058984733 Has anyone had any experience with this guy.

2. try1897

try1897 Guest

Hi , I got my 80cc from Kings Motor bikes for 200 plus shipping. The fit and finish is not quite as good as some and I've had to replace some crappy (low quality) gaskets but all in all I'd say the thing runs strong and I'm happy with it. I have put over a 1000 miles on it and see no end in sight . Its loads of fun and people ask me daily about it . The conversations are as much fun as the ride. Tom in VW
  3. Looks like someone needs to work on their Photoshop skills.
  4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

5. wow... :shock:
  6. Tom

Tom Active Member

damn. That is way sick. When I glanced at the price, I thought it said 200 for a second, but then I looked again.

I need to make my bike look way cooler. I see everyone else's' bikes and mine is so mundane :(
  7. yeah mine's just all black...
  8. istbenz

istbenz Guest

Really tom, :roll: you need to get with it. i mean you run THE premier motor bicycling website and you have the crappiest bike. what kind of man are you anyways? :lol:

i guess we'll all still be your friends :roll: (but only because of the site!!)

:D :D :D :D
  9. bird

bird Guest

i found a sturdy ass frame today im going to build a sick ass racer. ohh yeah
  10. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Major Tom,

:idea: If you can't fix that bike, wear a funny hat. I picked up a Santa hat for a buck, the distraction will save you additional ridicule and humiliation. 8)

Speaking of hats, and guarding manhole covers, we ought to design our hat like those Guardian Angel guys, or cowboy hats with stars. Beanies with propellers? Ideas folks, we need a HUGE hat for Tom, to cover that bike of his........
  11. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Can a wheely be performed on a motorized bicycle, and if so what is the proper technique?
  12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

13. davidsis

davidsis Guest

That is funny I especially like the sound track. Im gona try it.
  14. Tom

Tom Active Member

I barely got up. I did the slow mo so that it looked like I was up for longer. I am sure you could do it, but I am afraid of dropping my bike and breaking it.
  15. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Not too worried. I have the Cranbroke, crummy bike, anyway; also, more worried about my neck.
  16. Tom

Tom Active Member

If you can do one, you should video tape it for us all to see.
  17. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Re: Wheely

Dude....nothing 's wrong with your bike! so what if it was inexpensive...makes for a damn fine looking ride..one of my motor bike frames came to me for free...my buddy found it on a junk pile at a farm he'd rented. My other buddy, the one who motored the Cranbrook...peeled the cranbrook stickers off the bike...put em on the tank, and clear-coated it. Looks like huffy made a motor bike. He really wants to add a springer fork to his bike!

ride safe & smile
  18. Tom

Tom Active Member

you should take pics and upload them!! i want to see!
  19. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Ya, the picture feature is easy. Do not let it scare you. Click that Upload picture button. Re-size it first. I can help you. I have new hope in the cranbrook now. I might try pealling the Huffy decales off. I have already customized my fenders. I will post a picture of my handy work. When the wife is not around.