East Central Indiana ride & cookout

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by Whizzerd, May 6, 2010.

1. Whizzerd

Whizzerd Member

I spoke with Jim Cherry, the Director of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, today here in Muncie,IN. I have approval to use the camping facilities at the 1100 acre National Flying Site and we can use the AMA as a launching point for a 14 mile ride around Prairie Creek Reservoir. 5.5 miles from the AMA my employer, Indiana American Water owns a nice lakefront property where we could cookout and have a campfire and even tent camp. I rode the route today and the roads are in decent shape, some w/ new pavement. As an AMA member, interested parties can camp there for $15.00 per night as my guest. If interested, please post here so I can get some firm numbers back to Jim. I'm thinking mid-late June. This entire ride is semi-rural w/ no heavy or fast cager traffic.

2. hybrid

hybrid Member

I live in Nap and you could count me in...

Was beginning to wonder if there was any other Hoosiers on
    the board. My # is (317) 670-1514 and my name is Carter
  3. Whizzerd

Whizzerd Member

Great Carter! I pm'ed Steve in Ft. Wayne a while back and he said was interested as well. I want to have fun and help promote this hobby in a positive way.I'm inundated around here with interest. People following me home, calling me over at stop signs and coming over everyplace I park to gawk and ask ?'s. They're blowed away when told the HS/Felt gets 145 mpg! Will keep this thread updated. I was hoping for at least six mb'ers before firming up w/ Jim at the Academy. Thanks!
  4. hybrid

hybrid Member

Sounds great! I have another buddy up in Lafayette who actually makes MB's on the side as additional income. I KNOW he'd be game. I'll let him know about this thread and hopefully we can get this thing blueprinted.

5. Whizzerd

Whizzerd Member

I went to Motorbicycling to post this and saw where AcmeMotorBikes is sponsering a Rally & Race during June in Central Ohio which should be a Blast so I think we should postpone this until Fall. Will keep you all posted and Thanks for the interest.
  6. Tango911

Tango911 New Member

id be up for this, im west side of indy