eBay performance carburetors

Ronen

Local time
4:59 PM
Hello,
I have the stock NT carburetors and I want to upgrade.
How are these eBay carburetors? http://www.ebay.com/itm/391331737568

Even that it's looks like cheaper generic of these one: http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/product_p/jnm1128.htm
Are they giving at least near as much more speed and upgrade?
And are they also semi automaic and doesn't need to andjust like the second one?

Also I saw on ebay something that looks like cns or minuki:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Carb...ash=item3cf82829d3:g:1ycAAOSw7FRWXovo&vxp=mtr

Are they can give also some more power and close even little to the original?
And what is the two throttle cables on top?
Thanks, Ronen

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
the NT has good mixture control for the flow of a standard motor - if you improve the flow of the motor (porting, trick exhaust, etc), then a performance carb may get you more power

Those Dellorto clone RT carbs are a big improvement on the NT. The RT uses a slide (as opposed to a needle) and has a semi-automatic choke. It just works better. Employ the correct jet for top end cruise and you are golden.

Those Dellorto clone RT carbs are a big improvement on the NT. The RT uses a slide (as opposed to a needle) and has a semi-automatic choke. It just works better. Employ the correct jet for top end cruise and you are golden.
Do you mean the first one with colored filter or the one that has two throttle cables on the top and choke lever?
And what is to employ the jet? do you mean to adjust it or to use a jet kit like this: http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/product_p/jnm1130.htm
Thanks, Ronen

Last edited:
Your first two pics (Ebay and JNMotors) show what appear to me to be RT (stamped Ron Tang???) carbs to me. They require a RT throttle cable that threads onto the throttle slide, a big improvement over the stock NT carb. The upgrade to a RT carb made a world of difference to me.

I don't have experience with the other type of cab pictured.

Each carb has a jet, basically, a round fitting with a very precisely drilled hole that allows fuel to be introduced to the cylinder. At high RPM, fuel mixture is dependent on carb jet size. Too big a jet, and the motor will run too rich and bog down when you work towards WOT. Too small a jet, and the bike will run too lean. They are very easy to replace and experiment with.

Your first two pics (Ebay and JNMotors) show what appear to me to be RT (stamped Ron Tang???) carbs to me. They require a RT throttle cable that threads onto the throttle slide, a big improvement over the stock NT carb. The upgrade to a RT carb made a world of difference to me.

I don't have experience with the other type of cab pictured.

Each carb has a jet, basically, a round fitting with a very precisely drilled hole that allows fuel to be introduced to the cylinder. At high RPM, fuel mixture is dependent on carb jet size. Too big a jet, and the motor will run too rich and bog down when you work towards WOT. Too small a jet, and the bike will run too lean. They are very easy to replace and experiment with.
Ok thank's! I will get one of these

I agree with Purple Haze, the CNS carb that came with the Grubee 66cc was junk (in my opinion). It could NOT be tuned to run as well as the stock NT carb. All adjustments were LocTite'd so you would strip the screw heads. Once loose, no mater what I did made this carb work as well as the NT carb. I also did not like the choke set up (thumb control and we already have toooo many cables). For the simplicity of the NT carb, the "SPEED" carb works great for me. I have just a few HP mods. Expansion Chamber, NGK B7HS plug, billet high compression head. The stock NT carb comes with the kits from 48cc - 66cc. The "SPEED" carb has a larger intake Chanel and slide. Matched with a billet aluminum intake manifold (the are ported) you will feel the difference in performance with the simplicity of the NT design.

What are the best overall carb that you can buy under 50$? I've heard nothing but good things from the walboro (chainsaw carb) due to the ability to change the fuel mixture but they seem difficult to install since you have to drill holes in the jug.... Also thought about the delarto clones but don't you have to buy a different throttle cable? I was just wanting a carb for better top end speed

Back