Ebay - Possible source for a new 53cc/54cc hop-up kit!!!!

Nice looking parts there, why not just buy a 80cc/66cc from the git go?

Vibration mainly. From Jag's experience that 10-15% increase makes a big difference in power without increasing the vibration. The 66cc motors tend to get it pretty bad from what I've read(obviously not all engines are the same) and that vibration is what kills the internals.

Nice, I wonder if it would work. If I could afford to test it u would. Someone do me the favor :)

Those are cag pocket bike parts those as far as I know will not work for you guys, I'm pretty sure that isn't a piston port its a case reed head so it doesn't have any place for the carb. Though I could be wrong.

Edit: looked closer, No it will not work that head is for a set of reed cases "cag crap" unless you rebuild it completely. Or cut a hole in your case for a reed valve! And that's if the head bolts on and the crank will work.

Long story short this is apples and oranges guys.

Vibration mainly. From Jag's experience that 10-15% increase makes a big difference in power without increasing the vibration. The 66cc motors tend to get it pretty bad from what I've read(obviously not all engines are the same) and that vibration is what kills the internals.

The bottom end of my last engine covered 10,000 kilometers (6200 miles) and it was a 66cc version.

It must be remembered that Jaguar likes to rev his engines outside of what they were designed for; claiming figures of 8,500 rpm, which is a completely ludicrous rpm band for a $100 engine.
These units are "bicycle engines and not racing engines".

When you try to convert them to operate as quasi racing engines, you will encounter all of the problems that come with trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Rule number one: these engines are "not" racing engines, so they should "not" be operated in a manner that is reflective of racing engine operation.

That ^^^ is exactly why I've never used a China girl motor... I've got balls! My goped engines " that I prefer to use " are built to move a person and built correctly they can do it very quickly or at a cruising pace for a very long time.

I've gotten a toothed belt drive, GEBE sheave and a 14 t pinion custom mounted on a 26" Motobecane 400HT with a 27cc Zenoah up to 40 mph. Very reliably. Yes I had to pedal up to 15 mph but it had some serious speed.

I now have a chain drive axle mounted g43 Zenoah with a 5:1 trans W/ an 11 tooth pinion sprocket and a 44t drive sprocket on a 26" tire I can do 45 mph with this setup and with a slightly higher HP motor " CY460R " did 51.2 GPS'D .

Back