ebay vs grubee

speeddemon1234

Local time
10:38 AM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
All 5 of the 66cc engines I've bought came off of Ebay. As far as BGF, I don't like their customer service...As far as my dealings they don't have any. The other 3 were bought from rose?? and powerking. Just about all these HT engines are basically the same. I have had a engine related problem out of any engine (bad coil, and blew head gasket due to studs not torqued properly from BGF/LEB). Other then this, I attribute (good service) this to the modifications I do to all HT's. Look at my signature for a link

i think i will buy the grubee skyhawk gt5 from kingsmotorbikes.com because its easy to get in touch with them and talk to them. I looked on boygofast reveiw and most of the reveiws werent that positive.

I bought 4 engine kits from boygofast plus a variety of misc. parts. I have not had a probloem with anything i've bought from him. all of the engines were good (and are still running strong after 3 1/2 years). when you pay a higher price for the same thing, the only thing you are getting that's different is some customer service and MAYBE some kind of warranty.
I personally can't see paying almost double for the same engine.
no matter who you buy from, you risk getting a lemon.
these are cheap throw away engines no matter how you look at it.
with the correct installation, tuning and maintanace, a cheap 2 stroke can be made to last.
if you do poor installation, don't tune it and never maintain it...it will fail quickly.

it doesn't matter who you buy from...it's a **** shoot no matter what.
$142.00 vs $214.00 for the same engine? I'd take my chances and go for the $142.00 one.
I'd be less mad if i got a $142.00 lemon vs. a $214.00 lemon.
true, you'll be getting some customer service with that $214.00 price tag, but NOTHING says that they will replace your engine if it's a lemon.

I have a grubee and a bgf, both have been good. One thing that the grubee has that my bgf didn't was better ports in the cylinder and the piston skirt clears the intake port, I have ported and trimmed the bgf to make it run as good as the grubee did stock. If a person does not have the tools that are needed or the know how he may be better off with the grubee, just my opinion.

Last edited:
I bought my engine kit from bikeberry search the net for best rated seller and bikeberry is far the best with an A rating from Better Business Bureau King and BFG have an F rating. Kits run around the same as a grubee with shipping. I seen that some after market parts will not fit the new grubees. Got my kit and was missing some parts they sent them when I notified them have had no problems with service or engine.

Back