efficient expansion chamber silencing

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
The problem is that SBP sells a silencer for $9 and if JNMotors sold my silencer it would retail for $50-$60. So I gave up on the idea of making/selling it.

I think that we all look forward to you making another silencer and taking photos of the internal components, but the best option would be to make these silencers available for purchase, either through your website or through the JN Motors website.

I really want one of your silencers!

Why is that a problem?

I have bought three of your Jaguar CDI's (for myself and friends) and would happily pay double the price if it came with the extra features that i want.

I would also be happy to pay $50 or $60 for a silencer that works to perfection making the engine virtually silent without reducing power.

Well you are definitely in the minority. It took 3 months to sell one torque pipe. What conclusion do you think I got from that experience? Only reason my CDI is popular is because it is an item that is almost essential to this engine.

Why is that a problem?

I have bought three of your Jaguar CDI's (for myself and friends) and would happily pay double the price if it came with the extra features that i want.

I would also be happy to pay $50 or $60 for a silencer that works to perfection making the engine virtually silent without reducing power.

With motored bikes effectively become illegal just about everywhere in the western world, more and more people will have the need to ride almost silently under the radar.

I am happy to credit your account with a Paypal funds transfer if you manufacture this new generation silencer.

My main business is in the alternative health field and I can tell you that what the intelligent logical person sees as essential is very different than what the common man thinks.

You are the only person requesting this so far. It would take many more before I invest my time and effort into training someone to make them. I sure don't have the time.

Well, I bought a decibel meter (dbc) and measured my belly stinger pipe with and without my stealth silencer the same way the AMA reads them, 20 inches away at a 45 degree angle. Readings were 89 and 91db. So...
91db has 16% the noise level of a silenced motocross bike (99db)
89db has 10% the noise level of a silenced motocross bike (99db)
So the belly stinger design reduces noise by 84%, and my stealth silencer reduces noise by 37%. Obviously if you want a quiet ride, and you have an expansion chamber, then you need to convert it to a belly stinger design. How? Cut off the stinger at the end of the baffle cone, weld that opening shut, drill a hole in the belly of the pipe (12mm for 48cc and 14mm for 66cc), cut out from sheet metal a "channel" and have it welded to the side of the pipe starting at the hole and ending side by side at the end of the baffle cone, then weld the original stinger to the end of the channel.

ps- decibel does not relate to the power ratio of the noise directly. A reduction of 10 decibels means the noise is now 10% what it originally was. I used the calculator at http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-db.htm to figure out the equivalent energy quantities of each decibel reading to come up with my percentage figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a pipe that you welded on your pipe belie to put on that silencer ???? And How long is the pipe and dose it matter the length of it ??? Did you Have a diameter of the pipe also !!!! Sorry alot of questions !!! I'm going to make another one ,had fun making the first so I want to do it like yours !!!!!!

You do not need to train someone to make the silencer.
Just make the pipe yourself and i'll be happy to purchase it and credit your account with a Paypal funds transfer.

Back