Egg Lights

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by james65, Mar 21, 2010.

1. james65

james65 Member

Enclosed me 21 Led arrays in a smaller package. They work as headlights/turn signals/running lights and brake lights.

Attached Files:

2. Dilly Bar Rob

Dilly Bar Rob Member

Awesome! A new idea on here every day :)

Simply glued or siliconed together i take?

How hard a plastic are those "eggs"? I would be a bit worried about them braking where the bolt goes in unless they are really tough (or you use a big washer). Not really an issue I guess, all depends on how "hard" you ride the bike.
  3. james65

james65 Member

The mounting screws are bent 90 Deg. inside the egg shells. Then the shells were filled with a compost of construction adheasive and plastic. Then after it has set, the balance of the space was filled with silicone and the light set in place.
    The next set I make will just be filled with an epoxy composite. The shell itself has almost no effect on the strength.
  4. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

Nice idea James,

Now i definately need to motor on by, to take a look at all your projects :) What other handy dandy stuff do you do?
  5. james65

james65 Member

This system has worked out well. One of the benifits that I had not thought of is, that you can focus one of the lights directly in front and one further ahead.

Attached Files:

6. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

thats a sweet looking ride, nice work james65
  7. andrew88rmz

andrew88rmz Member

Nice man! That is pretty sweet.