EH 035 Gas Mileage

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Bruce, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bruce

Bruce Guest

I am very curious as to the actual gas mileage of you EH 035 riders? and also how far you can go on a full tank of gas. Remember your tank is .65 liter & 1 gallon of gas is 3.78 litter. Be honest guys. ha ha

2. astring

astring Member

I can't really fill my tank so it is hard to measure. The tilt of the tank makes it hard to fill all the way.

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; mine; started around 150mpg and steadily went up to 225+.

4. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

So many factors come into play, it is pretty hard to figure. Type of drive , { friction/belt/chain } weight of bike, weight of rider, terrain, elevation, etc., etc.

5. augidog

augidog Banned

GEBE EHO35, 12tooth, sea-level (aux. gastank)

don, who is very meticulous when it comes to his statistics, happened to come by today and reported 80 miles on less than 1/2gal so far. he's a 25mph cruiser and he figures he'll be topping 200mpg by the time he gets thru the break-in :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  6. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Still breaking in, but, 100mpg so far. I am starting to notice tho a small improvement over last week. Don't have an actual figure yet tho. As mentioned elsewhere...its a crudload better than a car or truck! That's all I need to know.
    WC

7. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I did one test run at about 500 miles and I got 24 miles on a 24oz tank. So I figure I get 128 mpg and that's good for me. I just went over 1000 miles for a bike that cost less than 1000 dollars. That puts me at $1.00 per mile gas included. Time to build another as I am saving so much and having so much fun saving it.

8. Bruce

Bruce Guest

I get 21 miles on a full tank after tilting it up and 18 niles by filling the tank just being level. I called the dealer and they will check out my engine latter this fall as I am only getting 125 miles per gallon right now, but hopeing it will improve.

9. StevePA

StevePA New Member

There are so many factors involved but probably the biggest ones are how much you are on the throttle and whether you pedal. I have the GEBE setup with the EHO35. I only have about 100 miles on it so far so I am still breaking it in. My first trip to work (17.6mi each way) clocked me in at 195mpg but I was pedaling and kept it around 20mph. Yesterday I didn't do much pedaling and ran WOT for parts of the trip. I didn't even bother figuring out my milage but there wasn't a whole lot in the tank when I got to work. Maybe 22-25 miles I would have gotten out of it. Today I pedaled a lot on the way in to work and am planning on removing the belt for part of the trip home so I will probably be over 200mpg.

10. astring

astring Member

How many miles are required to break in an eho35?

11. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

OK, I just triple checked my figgers. I keep a daily mileage log book and fuel reciepts as I use my bike (and all transport) for self employment. HUGE increase in MPG this week! Started off at 99.8MPG based on the 24oz. tank and a 1 gal.US can I'm working out of. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call it 100MPG. Checked todays figgers and am at 198MPG! In less than a week! Hence the triple checking of the numbers. I couldn't believe that much increase in such a short time. I guess I'm broken in!?!
    My particulars: 33.5 Subaru Staton tire scrubber; I pedal start till about 10mph before giving it the juice; I pedal somewhat while cruising at 20-22mph.(just in case the man is watching); I weigh 205lbs.;Aluminum frame hybrid Schwinn and about 20lbs of gear; Have 2 major hi-rise bridges to climb for which I get a running start up to about 26-28mph and HARD pedal to start, (kind of a game to me) backing off (the pedaling) midway through the climb and relaxing just before the summit; Full throttle climb at about 18-20mph. on both bridges.
    GOD, I love this thing!
    For chuckles and grins...I would have already been through 1 tank of gas this week on my truck; 22gal.US (out of 26 possible) @$4.00/gal...$88US as opposed to $2! OR...$17.50 bus fares plus alot of humpin' on the pedals. It's a keeper!
    WC

12. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Disregard last transmission; Dern kid!

The old axiom, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is? *Insert here.*
    Last Friday, my son was down from college. (that should be the tip off)
    I asked him to carry the big 5gal. gas can from the garage to the shed in the back of the house. Before he did, (unbeknownst to me) he topped off the 1gal. gas can I've been using for the bike. (yeah, ya can see where this is going)
    The boy wanted to ride the bike so, OK. Then he wanted to go show some friends so, OK. He filled the tank (using some of the gas he just put in the 1 gal. can) and off he went. When he came back and put the bike away. I asked if he filled the tank and he answered, "no." So then he went out and filled the tank. Again with the gas in the 1gal. container. Now, that gas can is down ~48OZ. So I never noticed the difference in fuel level from when I last filled the bike. Hence my UNBELIEVABLE mileage!
    Oh well, starting over. But I have noticed better mileage since the 100mpg of last week. Just don't know what that number might be. :rolleyes:
    Cheers, WC

13. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

The classic prank was to add gas to the victim's tank every night, wait for him to start bragging about the fabulous mileage he's getting, then start taking a little out every night and watch him go nuts.

I get somewhere around 200 mpg with my R/S Staton chain drive. I pedal all the time, but not that vigorously, so I can't be adding that much, maybe 160-170 mpg if I didn't pedal?

14. My Subaru Robin 33.5cc on a Staton friction drive kit has over 2,000 miles on it and I pedal a few strokes at each start and pedal hard up hills. My top speed flat out on the flat with no wind is 28.2 MPH. I cruise at 25 + MPH at nearly WOT. I'm getting consistantly 165 to 180 MPG.