EHole

slickdude

Local time
5:12 PM
This past summer at lake balboa, I was just pedaling, no bat power on my Currie Ezip and a guy and his girlfriend, he made rude comments at me for riding an ebike.

This is not the very first incident mind you, but it illustrated an underlying dis-acceptance of those who ride e or g bikes. Sadly, but there are always those who have nothing better to do than flap their traps bigtime.

That august afternoon I let the guy and gal go, other times, not so. But I never had the ebike to shut someone up.

Well several weeks ago I was out riding and a guy with a red and white helmet (pointed helmet) shorts and shirt goes buy on his fifteen or whatever speed pushing around thirty and calls out "E-HOLE" along the bike path...lovely. Normally I tune out people like that but this time, I had a bike that could rectify that and I decided no more.

1000watt motor, 48 volt battery, time to fix this for the honor of my fellow e-bikers whether gas or electric. Switch went on for power then throttle power switch, no more pedaling. Twist throttle up and the guy ahead of me is two lengths ahead of me now. He glanced in his left hand drooping helmet mirror and there I was riding and with a polite grin. He pedaled faster, his speed at plus (I never ride :rolleyes: and tell) 15mph, twisted throttle, not an issue. Right there with ya guy! They I decided as we hit the climbing part and he slowed, I had to go on and I did, across the bridge. Got there and saw the dirt road cut-off to Balboa. Right turn Clyde and kept going. Now with my ezip thick off road tires it was my domain. He had those narrow skinny ten speed tires, not great for off road on dirt areas. But hey, he was so piszed off he tried to keep up. So I kept the speed going and yeah he decided to take his race bike off-road (idiot) and I cruised for a while as he pedaled to get to me and as he did, I decided to twist! I twisted that throttle and he was eating my road dust. Finally got to Balboa that warm day, hanged a right and up ahead were two LAPD on their bikes, time to turn the power off. Pedaled and they passed, the officer on the left glancing back at my ride...he knew ;) !

The idiot on his bike finally passed, sneered, oh was he pizsed at me, but I smiled and pedaled slowly, made my point. If you go to the park just ride, have fun. No need putting others down. Life's too short.

I love that story, and it mirrors my own experiences.

I like to play with those guys and give them a fighting chance to stay in the race; giving them hope that they can whoop my a-hole. Some of them put up a heck of a fight; pushing themselves beyond the pain barrier; beyond any level of exertion that could be considered sensible, just to teach me a lesson; taking years off their life and cardiovascular system in the process.
Sometimes i'm a little cheeky and make it look like my bike has suffered an engine problem; letting them pass by to feel a great sense of achievement, but i crush their spirit by opening the throttle and making a repass, with a smile and jovial chatter, which infuriates them even more, to the point where they are about to burst a blood vessel.

It always amuses me because they are filled with downright hatred of my bike and get no enjoyment out of riding their flimsy and outrageously expensive machinery, yet i'm the one with a $450 bike and a huge smile on my face that goes from ear to ear; a smile so big that it needs to be surgically removed to stop me grinning.

Really? There's people who hate ebikes? I can understand people getting annoyed with a motorized bike whizzing by, but an electric... that's unbelievable!

Anton, I so very agree with ya. See, ebikes are looked at as "THE STUFF", when it comes to going green!

Obviously just a bicycle "jock" that honors only testosterone. Nothing civilized or mature or evolved about that hairless ape. i would of taunted him as I passed by. you know, give him a dose of his own medicine so maybe then he'd learn the importance of the golden rule.

Meh, live and let live. I got no grudge against bicyclists and feel more solidarity there than with most cagers.

Let's put it this way: I've never been threatened or put in the ditch by someone on a bicycle.

I have similar experiences also. I own both gas and electric and I have different reactions on both. On my electric, I'm normally told that I'm "cheating" and on the gas one I get "that's cool" or "you wanna sell it?"

But I don't understand why normal bicyclist get worked up over an e-bike because all I'm trying to do is commute. :)

When discussion of cheating comes up, i have a simple reply: Lance Armstrong cheated and won 7 Tour de France titles - cheating is good!!!

Back