Electric bike done

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by iRide Customs, Jun 26, 2009.

1. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Still waiting for the front drive hub.

Attached Files:

2. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

Looks great!

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

wow!!!!

It looks like a spaceship. You'll turn heads for sure when you ride that bike.

Nice.....

4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

do you make them or something???

5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Thanks guys!

Yes, I make bikes, customize them, ride them etc...

This is how this one started. (I only customized this one) http://www.bikebuyers.com/bronco30-gts-photos.htm

Micargi makes a great line of bikes for dirt cheap. Great base for letting the creative juices flow.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  6. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

EXTREMELY CLEAN!!

wow - I'm blown away....are you coming to whatever we have for a meet?

7. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Thanks! Do we have an official date? Richard told me all about the last one I missed and I would definitely like to make it if I can. I still have Brutus all crated up...maybe I'd bust him out for the meet if I have the time off.

8. Pablo

People are tossing the last weekend in August around.

9. timmyP

timmyP Member

O.K. you win. That"s the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I've been thinking about an electricTrike now for a while. Not now, I'd be embarrassed to bring it outa da shop. Where's the show gonna be?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  10. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

That is one truly impressive piece of work!

A couple of questions, if I may - are those 24" rear wheels? Is it powered on the right side only, with the left wheel just a spinner?

11. Pablo

12. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I agree, Pablo. Clearly a solid axle - however, many trikes use a solid axle with one wheel splined to rotate with the axle, the other free to spin on the axle.. My trike conversion kit was set up that way - now it has two half axles with a seperate sprocket on each inner axle end (which are freewheel sprockets) so I can power both rear wheels through a Shimano three-speed rear hub with spoke flange mounted sprockets - which allows it to act like a differential.

13. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

That's one cool E-trike.

14. AussieJester

AussieJester Member

Believe i spied this build over at Frekbikenation...I liked it better when it was black hehee Seriously nice job though mate would look into a better motor setup than hubs however ;-) ...

KiM