Electric & Gas chopper trike hybrid

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by azvinnie, Nov 24, 2007.

1. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

Hello everyone!
    l started with the electric on this trike and then changed to just gas. l have now combined them both, to make it a Hybrid. It works very well and is very fun to ride. You just start with the electric and once it's going fast enough, (32T), pop the clutch and the egine takes over. The trike is quite heavy with both electric, gas, and battieries. So, the electric comes in real handy.
    The engine was from Happy, from MBc. thanks happy, nice little 48cc. l've been working on this project for some time now. l'm just glad it's done................enjoy the pics!
    electric thumb throttle
    32t sproket
    36 volt electric motor
    48cc engine
    to much stuff to list, lets put it that way!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice bike ...and his mom loves it !!!
  3. Jim H

Jim H Guest

That's a really cool ride azvinnie... liked it the first time I saw it as electric,like it better now, it's a serious scoot for sure! Really nice work man.
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

sweet build!!!
  5. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Superb! Congratulations it looks great. That is the electric drive Brush or less and what are the ah and battery type if you do not mind.
  6. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

thanks guy's!
    dbigkahunna, the electric is from grubee "skyhawk" and is brushless. the batteries are 12 volt 15ah. the best thing about the electric is that when l ride around using gas, it charges up the batteries. so l will never run out of juice quickly.thanks for the comments guys..................later
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Beautiful. The chrome on the bike's chain guard makes it look like dual exhaust fron the front. Very cool.
  9. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

that is one sweet ride guy!!!
  10. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

have you any pics of the rear sprocket/axle set up?
  11. azbill

azbill Active Member

12. beast775

beast775 Guest

excellent trike

very nice setup,i can see you put alot of time in this build great looker and dual fuel,sweet:grin:
  13. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

that is awesome. nice build!
  14. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Good is good and Bad is bad but, I gotta tell ya, yours is Bad ( in a good way)!
  15. noah

noah Guest

Hey there, Nice bike! How do you charge up the batteries while riding?:???:
  16. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

when your riding the bike using gas, and not using the electric. the front wheel is moving and the electric is not in use, it charges the batteries.
  17. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

With a chevy alternator driven by friction or belt. At least that is what Denny is showng me.
  18. Man, I have to say that is the coolest looking trike I've ever seen. It would have been cool enough just being hybrid, but it is slick and black - just amazing.
  19. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Not in this case. The 24 and 36 volt kits have a regenerative brake, which means it functions as a charger when the wheel is turning, but not pulling. Actually I am using a small PM motor with a weed eater engine as a stand alone charger. I tried an alternator, but it is too heavy to suit me. I am looking for a small, light one though. The advantage of the PM motor is that it also works as a starter. Sorry for the confusion.

20. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Cool, always willing to learn. Thanks Denny