Electric & Gas chopper trike hybrid

I don't think anyone in the states carries them anymore
(we got ours from spookytooth, but he hasn't had them for over a year)

great ride man i think u could sell thos rear ends should fit all bikes..have u ever thought about that what would the price be ?

Not in this case. The 24 and 36 volt kits have a regenerative brake, which means it functions as a charger when the wheel is turning, but not pulling. Actually I am using a small PM motor with a weed eater engine as a stand alone charger. I tried an alternator, but it is too heavy to suit me. I am looking for a small, light one though. The advantage of the PM motor is that it also works as a starter. Sorry for the confusion.

Denny

Not trying to be mean but unless you can turn the alternator on, it will just spin.

Not trying to be mean but unless you can turn the alternator on, it will just spin.

Yup, that's what the field wire is for.Also has to have a special voltage regulator for 48 (or whatever) volts. Played around with full 12 volts excitation and variable RPM to deliver about 56 volts, but too finicky and heavy.

look again
the stock trike kit was heavily modified (look at the supporting tubes we welded to strengthen the rear end)
cut and widened the kit so it would mount to the stingray

Back