Electric generator from Ebay

louishb50cc

Local time
7:13 AM
Ive started a thread here for people to discuss specifically the generators that mount in the magneto case.
Right my story starts here Ive ordered the generator(6v).
Bought a Car rear fog lamp and a 5w bulb to dim the light slightly(as th original is a 12v 24w, v bright) and also have a front headlight (old rechargable spotlight, tsken out the light and battery) which has a halogen 7.2v bulb which can be run at voltages up to 12v. At the moment i am working on the control board to mount at the front of the bicycle handlebars which i have two illuminated switches for to see at night.
I will post some pictures of my progress a bit later on.

Anyone else bought one of these a useed it to run a lighting system?

Latest: Have wired up a 9.6v drill battery to its charging circuit and two switches have attached red fog light at back a headlight wired up. The lights are wired up via the battery being earthed into frame this shouldnt affect the magneto or charging circuit(am i right?). Wondering though when i connect up the charging circuit to generator wire will it charge battery at same time as running lights?

Pictures soon

Just been for a quick 15min ride in pitch black after about 10min running on just battery started to run out of power. :( Bombed it back down main road. YAY! (got some funny looks and laughs off the drunks.) So overall i definatley need that generator to ryun these lights or i might get stuck somewhere stupid like over the hills on the way to a friends.

Not much today apart from some organising of the wiring and removed charging circuit as it stopped working for some reason just trusting the thermal switch i put in the battery to stop charging when neccesary. figured out how to charge and run the lighting by wiring up battery directly to my imaginary generator(12v battery) works well. went for a quick ride round town with lights running on battery all running fine.

got generator yesterday fitted it yesterday went camping brilliant. Thumbs up.
Pictures in next post. Realised it produced ac so knocked up a rectifier circuit now fully dc .Yay

sorry not saiid anything for a while been away and on my way back from italy will get some pics soon as i get back in a few days.

so, I've been thinking about that white wire... I thought you need a circuit (as in "circle") to power things...?

This is now a dead thread new one started soon to be updated. Sorry.
MODERATOR: This thread can now be removed

Back