Electric Pusher Trailer (youtube)

Interesting video, Znsane. The hybrid trailer idea is one I've been looking at as the bottom layer of pusher trailer for a trike - make the trike basically electric, but with a limited range capability onboard. Put a major battery bank and a gas generator in a pusher trailer with it's own motor, all as low a profile as possible, then put a cargo deck over it. Would make a great bicycle camping combination - make the deck double thickness and folding, with swing down adjustable legs to level it when unfoded and provide a platform for a finerglass wand stayed one person tent (sockets for the wand ends built into the deck halves). Park your bike and trailer, fire up the generator and let it charge both the trailer battery bank and the onboard batteries on the trike. If the trailer had 4 or more heavy duty sealed gel type SLA truck batteries onboard you could have as much range as you might care to ride in a day.

Oh, and your sig? I'm more than courageous enough for speed. I also have enough sense to know it attracts cops like horse dung attracts flies.

With seperate, independent electric assist onboard the bike, you could leave your tent set up in the campground whilst seeing the sights nearby on the trike.

Untill battery tech changes going electric is very limiting and expensive.It's great if you are going down to the corner store for milk but other than that it's impracticable.IMO

Back