electric start "silver bullet train" engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have to, but why not when it's a hobby and the challenge is fun enough to work on. In the end I also have a set of relatively maintenance free lights and turn signals. One reason why those old school dynamos were popular was because they spun off the wheel, so you never had to put a battery in it just ride and you had light.

I currently have a battery and a switch for lights, I just want an easier system.

Those engines are build by a company who deals in a large number of other engine kits. They manufacturer other types as well.

http://www.jlzeda.com

It will probably just be a matter of time untill the replicas swarm into production. Then every Chin and his uncles sister will be making replacement parts by the millions. With that the design will get revamped much like our modern engines did in the last 10 years. Only this time they have a model to base the improvements on.

I could see the market being flooded with this new design by the end of next year.

Right now they probably won't offer replacement parts since every part is being used to manufacture full kits that they need to sell before spreading their resources out to single parts.

However retailers will inevitably see the value of parting out engines and may even demand that the manufacturer supply parts that break quicker.

Bike berry is the only seller last I checked. Perhaps other wholesalers are on the ball now but I don't know for certain.

its sold on ebay by the company itself. but you assume that the engine will be a big hit, meanwhile if people continue to use the same cheap design that has been used for quite some time, it will essentially disappear along with hopes of replacement parts, so its really just a gamble.

i asked, and after they told me they dont sell them, and i asked where parts could be found, and they said the manufacturer, and i told them that i already contacted the manufacturer, they decided to hang up on me. so my assumption, other than the fact that their d-bags (more of an opinion) is that they dont sell parts, or know anything whatsoever about the products they are selling. oh, and i posted a question about this on their site, litterally months ago, and they refused to put it on the site, so i posted a review, which guess what, "has been sent for moderation", and not even posted. the reviews there are clearly bullsh*t. does anyone know of any laws on the books that require a seller/manufacturer to reproduce parts for their products, i know with cars they have to make parts. for a certain amount of time. then i figure i could call bikeberry, ask for the supervisor or whatever, ask for his name and write it down, ask my question, and when he gives me a runaround response, explain the law and then ask for the direct number to their legal department, and see what happens. hell, why not shake the tree and see what falls, couldn't hurt. worst case scenario i try it again on the actual manufacturer, or dont buy the engine.

Oh I thought you already knew bikeberry was full of douchebags, sorry you had to learn like that.

No law requires those types of consumer products to have replacement parts available, that's only for dot approved vehicles because replacement parts are going to be needed to keep the vehicle operating safely. The law wouldn't force connect four to sell replacement checkers since it's not a safety concern. Since these motors don't have dot regulations and aren't technically legal on the road there's no regulation, same with our bicycles, the companys building our bikes don't have to provide replacement diddly squat, or offer Warrenties.

Jlzeda sells the motor on eBay? I couldn't find it, please post link I'm interested in looking at it and their other stuff.

I'd say very much so yes I am assuming it will be a hit. It's a well needed upgrade from the system we are currently using, and at 70ccs (litteral 70, at least that's the specs) modders could yank the alternator and such and have a perfectly good higher powered motor with an automatic clutch built in, the auto clutch is something a lot of people wanted simply because of the ease of use. Could also be useful to that guy I know with only one hand, right hand so he could throttle and brake one hand, and no clutch needed.

Bike berry is rather biased, they are in the same boat as motorbicycling.com, expect anything that conflicts with selling merchandise to be deleted, even if it's the cheapest thinnest most s**ttiest piece of crap product that not even dollar tree would sell, don't comment negatively because then you are a communist pig making political statements and are probably trying to steal sales from these honest hard working people who have families to feed...

Err.. Yeah, also had a friend who was trying to buy one, they kept saying on the phone that it "will ship within a week"

Needless to say after 3 weeks he canceled the order and bought a good quality motor that replacement parts can be found for.

So I think that right now the motor is a gamble, not because it won't be popular, I actually see it be comming very popular, but a gamble being if it breaks, it's broke till you MacGyver it back to life or untill new parts become commonplace.

That's my 3½ cents

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-St...ash=item281ded7a74:g:AfAAAOSwyKxXhbDR&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-St...ash=item281eb92d9a:g:eCkAAOSwMtxXudOe&vxp=mtr

both by the same seller, know on ebay as the name "95877" of whom claims to be the manufacturer, and the information they gave me did check out, to an extent, but they didnt give me much, so they could've lied, also, their charging more than bikeberry, so if their the manufacturer, thats kinda stupid, seeing how you have a higher profit margin at the same price as bikeberry. also, five inquiries have been made into one of the items, not sure what that means in ebay language, but is says no questions have been answered, and when i asked them a question, they didnt answer it in the normal format, they messaged me. probably since they didnt wanna let everyone else know that they dont sell any parts for it whatsoever.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
also on alibaba.com their is another manufacturer other than jdzeta or whatever the heck their called that sells the engine, but idk if its just another company that will buy from the original manufacturer. eh. information is powerful, never enter a situation ignorant.

okay, well ive come to the conclusion that unless the studs and cylinder are the same as the grubee engine, and i can find someone to validate this, i am going to ride my engine until something else goes wrong (which we all know it will, its a ht engine) and then revisit the idea of using a bullet train engine, by then we will see how far parts availability has come, and knowledge about the engine has come. also, i messaged kcvale and he must be busy at the moment, hopefully he can shed some light on the situation. if he can measure to see if the cylinder is the same, then we will at least know if we can use a grubee cylinder. and if the cylinder is the same as a grubee, than we can hope/assume the crank shaft may possibly maybe potentially be able to fit/be made to fit. also, if he has found a replacement starter, then can take note of what type of starter it is, what engine it is from, and where it can be purchased. also, i dont know how the pullstart failed, if its just the string, no big deal, if its something else, thats a whole different ballgame.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back