Electric to Gas conversion scooter

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Dockspa1, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

A couple of members asked me to post pics of this Schwinn scooter conversion. Not much to it really but here it is.

Thats a 2.8 HP Lifan motor.

Attached Files:

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I bet that thing really moves!
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

That's a nice little build. With 2.8 hp, I'll bet that gets you out to the mailbox and back right smartly. Very clean build. It looks factory made.
  4. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Thanks guys and ya, I was surprised about the low end torque. It even got away from me once. ( the BEAST)
    I have put a maroon trunk on yesterday and still have to weld foot pegs on front and a chain guard.
    I look like an elephant riding a mouse but somehow I don't care because it makes me feel like a little kid again.
  5. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Feeling young is what this is all about, isn't it?
  6. datz510

datz510 Member

Almost looks like a motorized bar stool.

Very cool build!!
  7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

cool little thing!! nice build doc!!

That is the coolest thing I seen today.
  9. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

im doing one that will be street legal

I'm using a 31cc 4stroke honda clone in the stock motors position. I put on a freewheel, beefier rims, bmx front brakes, good tires and grip tape on the deck. With 1.95-2.2 hp and 6500 RPM, 12.5 in tires, 6 tooth pinion gear, 81 tooth drive gear. Ill let u all know what kind of top speed I hit when its all together. Um im pretty sure the forks are backwards on your beast there LOL. I got a spare set of those rims if u bend yours with that heavy motor.