Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Hal the Elder, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Yesterday, Oscar had an electrical power failure about a mile from home, so I had to hold the compression release in constantly while I walked him home.

Boy, was my left thumb sore after that! Next time, I'll just peel the rear belt off and pedal him home like a bicycle.

Anyway, the main fuse was blown, which was a 5 amp. The Whizzer Service Manual Electrical Schematic Diagram shows a 7-Amp fuse, but it shows turn signals installed, which I don't have. Should I go for a 7-amp fuse?

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Hal,
    You should replace with a 7 amp. A common problem is the fuse holder. I had one Whizzer that continued to blow fuses, and spent a lot of time troubleshooting the problem and it ended up being the poor quality clips in the plastic holder. Replace it with a holder that screws together as opposed to the original unit. I was a lot happier knowing the better fuse holder was less likely to produce "sparks" directly under the gas tank.

Have fun,
  3. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

HEY QUENTON: 7 amps? Will do!

(I have a 10-amp, but that would allow an overload current to flow before blowing)

4. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

That's right Hal
    You don't want to cook your wiring especially under the gas tank.